Radisson Rewards has launched a new ‘double points’ promotion.
Whilst you probably don’t have any Radisson stays coming up, the offer will run until 30th April so you may want to register in case you have a stay later in the Spring.
Radisson Rewards is the loyalty scheme for Radisson Blu, Radisson RED, Radisson, Park Plaza and Park Inn amongst other brands.
Here are the headline rules:
- promotion runs from 1st February to 30th April
- only valid for stays after registration, which you can do here
- there is no minimum stay requirement
- you earn double base points (ie an additional 20 points per $1 spent) on every stay after registration
- tier bonuses for elite members are not doubled
- reward stays do count so you will earn the bonus on incidental spend
- you can earn up to 100,000 bonus points during the offer (which would require $5,000 of pre-tax spend, so unlikely to be a problem)
I value a Radisson Rewards point at 0.33p so – at 40 points per $1 – you are getting a generous rebate of 18% of your post-tax spending.
We recently reviewed the two new Radisson hotels at Heathrow, pictured below, which share the old Park Inn building – the Radisson Heathrow (review here) and the funkier Radisson RED Heathrow (review here).
You can register for ‘double points’ via this page of the Radisson website.
PS. You can still get a good deal for stays up to 31st August via the current Radisson ‘Dream Deals’ sale. Our article on the sale is here and you can book here. The deadline for booking is 31st January and all sale bookings are cancellable.
How to earn Radisson Rewards points from UK credit cards (April 2021)
Radisson Rewards does not have a dedicated UK credit card. However, you can earn Radisson Rewards points by converting Membership Rewards points earned from selected UK American Express cards. These include:
- American Express Preferred Rewards Gold (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 20,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 60,000 Radisson Rewards points. This card is FREE for your first year and also comes with two free airport lounge passes.
- The Platinum Card from American Express (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 30,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 90,000 Radisson Rewards points
- American Express Rewards credit card (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 5,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 15,000 Radisson Rewards points. This card is FREE for life.
Membership Rewards points convert at 1:3 into Radisson Rewards points which is a very attractive rate. The cards above all earn 1 Membership Rewards point per £1 spent on your card, which converts to 3 Radisson Rewards points.
Even better, holders of The Platinum Card receive free Radisson Rewards Gold status for as long as they hold the card. It also comes with Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold and MeliaRewards Gold status. We reviewed American Express Platinum in detail here.
(Want to earn more hotel points? Click here to see our complete list of promotions from the major hotel chains or use the ‘Hotel Offers’ link in the menu bar at the top of the page.)