News in brief:
Get bonus Avios on your free BA Amex
Last month, American Express launched an Avios bonus offer on the British Airways Premium Plus card. It has now rolled out a similar offer to holders of the free BA Amex card.
This is how it works:
- You receive 1 bonus Avios for every £2 you spend
- This is on top of the usual earning rate of Avios per £1
- The bonus is capped at 1,500 Avios, representing £3,000 of spending
- The promotion ends on 19th July
- Spending by supplementary cardholders does not count
The offer is restricted to 100,000 cardholders so I recommend that you register now before Amex emails everyone about it.
A new Avis offer too
An Avis offer is also making the rounds. I have it on my free BA Amex but I’m not sure what other cards it is on. The offer is for £20 cashback on £150 spend. You must book on the Avis UK website here and pay by 31st May.
Radisson Hotels launches a sale
Radisson has launched a sale across its Radisson Blu, Radisson RED, Park Inn and Park Plaza brands.
All sale bookings include breakfast.
All sale bookings can be cancelled up to two weeks before arrival.
You need to book by 16th May for stays up to 20th June for stays in Europe. There is a longer window for stays in Russia, the UAE and Africa.
You can find out more on this page of the Radisson website.
How to earn Radisson Rewards points and status from UK credit cards (February 2024)
Radisson Rewards does not have a dedicated UK credit card. However, you can earn Radisson Rewards points by converting Membership Rewards points earned from selected UK American Express cards.
These cards earn Membership Rewards points:
- American Express Preferred Rewards Gold (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 20,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 60,000 Radisson Rewards points. This card is FREE for your first year and also comes with four free airport lounge passes.
- The Platinum Card from American Express (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 40,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 120,000 Radisson Rewards points
- American Express Rewards credit card (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 10,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 30,000 Radisson Rewards points. This card is FREE for life.
Membership Rewards points convert at 1:3 into Radisson Rewards points which is a very attractive rate. The cards above all earn 1 Membership Rewards point per £1 spent on your card, which converts to 3 Radisson Rewards points.
Even better, holders of The Platinum Card receive free Radisson Rewards Premium status for as long as they hold the card. It also comes with Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold and MeliaRewards Gold status. We reviewed American Express Platinum in detail here.
(Want to earn more hotel points? Click here to see our complete list of promotions from the major hotel chains or use the ‘Hotel Offers’ link in the menu bar at the top of the page.)