Three weeks ago, we covered Virgin Voyages, the brand new cruise company launched by Virgin Group, and its series of UK-only staycation cruises this August.
Virgin Red had cabins available for booking with Virgin Points. This was initially meant to be a special pre-launch offer which would be pulled when cash bookings opened up.
As it turns out, the packages are still available via Virgin Red. Whilst we made fun out of the idea (grime DJs, sofa beds and a tattoo parlour on a ship where no-one will be under 50 due to the vaccination rules …..) I know that a few readers have already booked.
The dates are:
- Friday 6th – Monday 9th August
- Monday 9th – Friday 13th August
- Friday 13th – Monday 16th August
- Monday 16th – Friday 20th August
- Friday 20th – Monday 23rd August
- Monday 23rd – Friday 27th August
There are two packages available:
- the three-night ‘Long Weekender’ cruises at 180,000 Virgin Points for a two-person Sea Terrace cabin
- the four-night Summer WeekDaze cruises at 215,000 Virgin Points for a two-person Sea Terrace cabin
All bookings made with Virgin Points will receive a free bottle of sparkling wine in their cabin. All sailings depart from, and arrive back into, Portsmouth.
- no children are allowed
- you must be fully vaccinated (both shots, plus three weeks) to travel, so if you haven’t already had your first jab then you won’t make it
Full details of the Virgin Voyages UK cruises are in our original article here. You can book with points via the Virgin Red app.
How to earn Virgin Points from UK credit cards (May 2021)
As a reminder, there are various ways of earning Virgin Points from UK credit cards. Many cards also have generous sign-up bonuses.
You can choose from two official Virgin Atlantic credit cards (apply here, one has a bonus of 15,000 Points):
You can also earn Virgin Points from various American Express cards – and these have sign-up bonuses too.
American Express Preferred Rewards Gold is FREE for a year and comes with 20,000 Membership Rewards points, which convert into 20,000 Virgin Points:
(Want to earn more Virgin Points? Click here to see our recent articles on Virgin Atlantic and Flying Club and click here for our home page with the latest news on earning and spending other airline and hotel points.)