British Airways has confirmed the Manchester to Faro route we mentioned in our article this morning. It has also added a Newcastle to Faro route.
Intriguingly, Newcastle will be a single class service with, for now, no Club Europe cabin. This is under evaluation and it will be added if catering issues can be resolved.
Manchester to Faro timings
- The service will operate from 29th May to 19th June
- There will be one flight per week, on a Saturday
- BA516 will depart Manchester at 10.35, arriving in Faro at 13.50
- BA517 will depart Faro at 14.30, arriving in Manchester at 17.35
Newcastle to Faro timings
- The service will operate from 29th May to 20th June
- There will be two flights per week, on Saturday and Sunday
- BA512 will depart Newcastle at 12.35, arriving in Faro at 15.45
- BA513 will depart Faro at 16.40, arriving in Newcastle at 19.50
Both services will use standard Airbus short-haul aircraft – these are not BA CityFlyer services. Tickets are available now on ba.com.
How to earn Avios from UK credit cards (June 2021)
As a reminder, there are various ways of earning Avios from UK credit cards. Many cards also have generous sign-up bonuses!
There are two official British Airways American Express cards:
You can also get generous sign-up bonuses by applying for American Express cards which earn Membership Rewards points, such as:
We also recommend Capital On Tap for limited companies. You earn 1 Avios per £1 which is impressive for a Visa card:
Click here to read our detailed summary of all UK credit cards which earn Avios. This includes both personal and small business cards.
(Want to earn more Avios? Click here to visit our home page for our latest articles on earning and spending your Avios points and click here to see how to earn more Avios this month from offers and promotions.)