For the first time ever, as far as I know, the ultra-luxurious Four Seasons hotel chain has launched a cashback offer with American Express.
This offer appeared for a few hours last week but was quickly pulled when it turned out that people could not register. It is now back and showing across a wide range of cards, although you’re unlikely to see it on the Marriott Bonvoy American Express. I had it on my British Airways Premium Plus whilst my wife had it on her Preferred Rewards Gold.
You need to look under the ‘Offers’ tab on the statement page of the Amex website, or in the Amex app, for each American Express card you hold. If the offer is there, you need to click ‘Save to Card’ to activate it.
You will receive £200 cashback when you spend £1,000 at selected Four Seasons hotels.
The participating hotels are:
- Four Seasons Hotel London At Park Lane
- Four Seasons Hotel London At Ten Trinity Square
- Four Seasons Hotel Hampshire (where I expect 90% of readers to redeem)
- Four Seasons Hotel George V, Paris
- Grand-Hôtel Du Cap-Ferrat
- Four Seasons Hotel Megeve
- Four Seasons Hotel Madrid
- Four Seasons Hotel Des Bergues Geneva
The offer runs until 30th September.
If you are based in or around London, you probably know that Four Seasons Hampshire is – by a large margin – the best upmarket weekend break option for a family.
We have been visiting since before we had children, so for 15 years now, and have probably done around 75 nights over the years. The recent addition of a kids pool made it even better for young children and has relieved some of the pressure on the main pool.
If you want to go further afield, the Madrid hotel is brand new and should be amazing. I have stayed in Geneva and also rate that highly. George V and Cap-Ferrat are two of the most famous hotels in the world albeit priced accordingly. Of the London ones, Trinity Square has far more character than Park Lane (actually Hamilton Place) but you need to be happy with the Tower of London location.
If you are booking a Four Seasons hotel to take advantage of this deal, you should book via our luxury hotel booking partner Emyr Thomas at Bon Vivant.
As a Four Seasons Preferred Partner, your booking will usually come with:
- free breakfast (this is a big saving at Four Seasons)
- room upgrade if available at check-in
- a hotel credit (usually $100 or equivalent, may be restricted to certain services)
….. and some other bits and pieces depending on property.
Importantly, Emyr can usually get these benefits on ANY rate showing on the Four Seasons website, so you are virtually certain to get a better deal by using him. The small print of the Amex offer is likely to require you to book a ‘pay at check-out’ rate.
You can contact Emyr via the form on this page of HfP.
American Express / Leading Hotels cashback offer extended
We ran an article yesterday covering the news that Leading Hotels of the World has permanently dropped the $175 members fee for Leaders Club, and is now free to join.
We mentioned the current American Express cashback offer with Leading Hotels.
It turns out that the offer has been extended.
If targetted, you will receive £100 cashback on a £350+ stay at a participating Leading Hotels of the World property for stays up to 15th October, instead of the original date of 31st August. The extended expiry date will be showing under ‘saved offers’ in the Amex app or on the website.
Selected hotels across Europe are included with nine in the UK. The only one outside London is Gleneagles, which we reviewed here.
Hotel offers update – February 2024:
Want to earn more hotel points? Click here to see our complete list of promotions from the major hotel chains or use the ‘Hotel Offers’ link in the menu bar at the top of the page.
Want to buy hotel points?
- Hilton Honors is offering an 80% to 100% bonus when you buy points by 12th March 2024. Click here.
- IHG One Rewards is offering an 80% bonus when you buy points by 7th March 2024. Click here.
- Marriott Bonvoy is offering a 35% to 40% bonus when you buy points by 31st March 2024. Click here.
- World of Hyatt is offering a 20% discount when you buy points by 9th April 2024. Click here.