Emirates launched its January sale last week. Looking only at Business Class, I was struggling to find any great deals – although Emirates is not known for its aggressive pricing. Details are here.
Most long haul destinations in Asia or Africa are in the £2,000 to £2,500 range. It’s arguably a fair price for the quality of the Emirates product but not jaw droppingly good.
One fare I wanted to highlight was £1,699 return to Dubai in Business Class.
This isn’t bargain basement – Lufthansa is offering the same route via Germany or Switzerland for £799 when two travel together – but it isn’t dreadful if you can get it over peak periods.
You also need to factor in the large number of UK regional airports which have direct Emirates flights to Dubai.
You can also benefit from three other Emirates offers currently running for anyone travelling before the end of March:
- A free Day Pass to Expo 2020
- Access to My Emirates Pass – Expo Edition, which offers discounts at over 500 retail, dining and recreational spots for anyone showing an Emirates boarding pass
- Up to 5,000 bonus Emirates Skywards miles via the ‘Mile a Minute’ offer – book a Dubai stopover before 31st March and receive 1 mile per minute for the time you stay in Dubai, or pick up a flat 5,000 miles for a trip which ends in Dubai
This fare is available for travel up to 7th July, for bookings made by 24th January.
You can check pricing on the Emirates website here.
How to earn Emirates Skywards miles from UK credit cards (October 2023)
Emirates Skywards does not have a UK credit card. However, you can earn Emirates Skywards miles by converting Membership Rewards points earned from selected UK American Express cards.
Cards earning Membership Rewards points include:
- American Express Preferred Rewards Gold (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 20,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 20,000 Emirates Skywards miles. This card is FREE for your first year and also comes with four free airport lounge passes.
- The Platinum Card from American Express (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 30,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 30,000 Emirates Skywards miles
- American Express Rewards credit card (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 10,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 10,000 Emirates Skywards miles. This card is FREE for life.
Membership Rewards points convert at 1:1 into Emirates Skywards miles which is an attractive rate. The cards above all earn 1 Membership Rewards point per £1 spent on your card, which converts to 1 Emirates Skywards mile. The Gold card earns double points (2 per £1) on all flights you charge to it.