EXCLUSIVE: Here are the British Airways plans for new service improvements in 2022
Links on Head for Points may pay us an affiliate commission. A list of partners is here.
In an internal email to staff, British Airways has outlined a number of service improvements that you can expect to see onboard during 2022.
We may do a further article later once we have had the official briefing from BA.
EDIT: We now have a second article up which covers the official announcement. Click here to read it once you’ve read the summary below.
Is it enough? See what you think.
Here are the headline points:
- BA admits that ‘there’s still a lot of work do’ despite improving customer feedback scores, driven by Club Suite
- ba.com will be improved to allow more customers to amend their reservations without calling
- Staff numbers are being increased at customer contact centres, and new telephone systems introduced
- A new document checking process will be introduced before the Summer peak to make check-in easier
- World Traveller Plus passengers will get a dedicated check-in area for the first time
- A baggage tracing app will be launched, allowing passengers to see where there luggage is and to facilitate the easier return of delayed baggage
- A plant-based menu will be introduced to BA lounges
- The Skyflyers programme for children will be relaunched
- Club Europe meals will change in March, with a greater variety of options promised
- World Traveller meals will change in May with ‘additional items’ promised for both meal services
- Club World will see ‘new enhancements’
- More drinks will be loaded to end the current shortages due to low supplies, as well as additional spare meals to allow more customers to receive their first choice
More to follow when we get the official announcement. I don’t want to pass judgement until we have seen the detailed proposals – there is, for example, no mention of going back to serving meals in premium cabins course by course, even though most other major airlines have already done so.
How to earn Avios from UK credit cards (March 2023)
As a reminder, there are various ways of earning Avios points from UK credit cards. Many cards also have generous sign-up bonuses!
In February 2022, Barclaycard launched two exciting new Barclaycard Avios Mastercard cards with a bonus of up to 25,000 Avios. You can apply here.
SPECIAL OFFER: Successfully apply for either of the Barclaycard Avios credit cards by 2nd April 2023 and you will be entered into a free draw to win ONE MILLION AVIOS! Full details are on the application forms here (free) and here (paid). This competition is exclusive to Head for Points readers. T&C apply.
You qualify for the bonus on these cards even if you have a British Airways American Express card:
Barclaycard Avios Plus Mastercard
25,000 Avios for signing up and an upgrade voucher for spending £10,000 Read our full review
Barclaycard Avios Mastercard
5,000 Avios for signing up and an upgrade voucher for spending £20,000 Read our full review
There are two official British Airways American Express cards with attractive sign-up bonuses:
British Airways American Express Premium Plus
25,000 Avios and the famous annual 2-4-1 voucher Read our full review
British Airways American Express
5,000 Avios for signing up and an Economy 2-4-1 voucher for spending £12,000 Read our full review
You can also get generous sign-up bonuses by applying for American Express cards which earn Membership Rewards points.
American Express Preferred Rewards Gold
Your best beginner’s card – 20,000 points, FREE for a year & four airport lounge passes Read our full review
The Platinum Card from American Express
30,000 points and unbeatable travel benefits – for a fee Read our full review
Run your own business?
We recommend Capital On Tap for limited companies. You earn 1 Avios per £1 which is impressive for a Visa card, along with a sign-up bonus worth 10,500 Avios.
Capital On Tap Business Rewards Visa
Get a 10,000 points bonus plus an extra 500 points for our readers Read our full review
You should also consider the British Airways Accelerating Business credit card. This is open to sole traders as well as limited companies and has a 30,000 Avios sign-up bonus.
British Airways Accelerating Business American Express
30,000 Avios sign-up bonus – plus annual bonuses of up to 30,000 Avios Read our full review
There are also generous bonuses on the two American Express Business cards, with the points converting at 1:1 into Avios. These cards are open to sole traders as well as limited companies.
Until 30th March 2023, the sign up bonus on American Express Business Platinum is increased to 120,000 Membership Rewards points – click here. The bonus on American Express Business Gold is increased to 60,000 Membership Rewards points – click here. T&C apply, see the application forms for details.
American Express Business Platinum
Crazy 120,000 points bonus (to 30th March) and a £200 Amex Travel credit every year Read our full review
American Express Business Gold
60,000 points sign-up bonus (to 30th March) and free for a year Read our full review
Click here to read our detailed summary of all UK credit cards which earn Avios. This includes both personal and small business cards.