You may not have heard of Graduate Hotels. It is a boutique US chain which specialises in high end hotels in ‘University towns’ – which is basically marketing speak for attractive second tier cities with a high proportion of well educated professionals.
It has been expanding to the UK and now has two hotels.
- Graduate Cambridge is the fully renovated ex-DoubleTree hotel, which has a lovely position on the banks of the River Cam (a typical July Saturday night costs £300) – photo below
- Graduate Oxford is the rebanded and renovated The Randolph Hotel, which was previously part of Macdonald Hotels (a typical July Saturday night costs £400)
Book every hotel for £30 or $30
Graduate Hotels is running a heavily discounted Summer sale today. At noon US Eastern (5pm UK – but it seems to have gone live early at 4pm), you can book its US hotels for $30 and the Oxford and Cambridge hotels for £30.
Here’s the small print:
- book on the Graduate Hotels website at 5pm UK time (technically the sale runs for 30 hours but the rooms are unlikely to last long)
- use promo code SUMMER30
- book for a stay by 31st July
It isn’t clear how the £30 / $30 rooms are allocated. I would guess that 1-2 per night per hotel will be made available.
The US hotels, if you are planning a trip in June or July, are located in:
- Chapel Hill
- East Lansing
- Iowa City
- New Haven
- Oxford (Mississippi)
- State College, Pennsylvania
You can find more details about the offer on the Graduate Hotels website here.
Hotel offers update – June 2022:
Want to earn more hotel points? Click here to see our complete list of promotions from the major hotel chains or use the ‘Hotel Offers’ link in the menu bar at the top of the page.
Want to buy hotel points? There is:
- a 80% to 100% bonus when you buy Hilton Honors points by 19th July 2022 (buy here)
- a mystery 40% to 55% bonus when you buy Marriott Bonvoy points by 15th July (buy here)
- a 30% bonus when you buy 5,000+ World of Hyatt points by 1st August (buy here)