UPDATE – NOVEMBER 2022: This article is now out of date, but don’t worry. We produce a monthly directory of the top UK travel credit card offers – please click HERE or use the ‘Credit Cards’ menu above. Thank you.
Two weeks ago we brought back the biggest sign-up offer on the Capital on Tap Business Rewards Visa Credit Card that we ever see.
The offer is exclusive to you as a Head for Points reader. You can receive a two-part sign-up bonus of up to 50,000 points, worth £500 cashback or 50,000 Avios.
You can apply here. The deadline is 2nd October.
As a reminder:
- the card is available to any limited company or LLP
- you receive 20,000 points (convertable into 20,000 Avios or £200 cashback) as soon as you make your first purchase
- you receive a further 30,000 points (convertable into 30,000 Avios or £300 cashback) if you spend £30,000 within three months
- the day-to-day earning rate is a very impressive 1 point (= 1 Avios or 1p cashback) per £1 spent
As a Visa card, the Capital on Tap Business Rewards card is widely accepted. It also has NO foreign exchange fees. Even if you have an American Express Business card, Capital on Tap is ideal for suppliers who are based abroad or who do not take Amex.
Full details are in our Capital on Tap article from two weeks ago here.
Why you may want to get the card even if you can’t spend £30,000 in three months
When you look at the details of this offer, your eye is probably drawn to the full bonus – ‘earn 50,000 points for getting the card and spending £30,000 in three months’.
For some limited company owners who read Head for Points, this will be a squeeze. You may still want to apply, however
Even if you can’t spend £30,000 in three months to earn the second part of the bonus, the offer may still work for you.
Everyone will earn 20,000 points with their first purchase
The first part of the bonus will be triggered by everyone. Once you have made your first purchase on your Capital on Tap Business Rewards Visa, you will receive 20,000 points – even if you only bought a cup of coffee. This can be converted to £200 cashback or 20,000 Avios.
You keep this part of the bonus even if you don’t manage to trigger the second part.
The annual fee on the Capital on Tap Business Rewards Visa is £99. Depending on your tax rate and how you withdraw cash from your company, the net cost to you will be lower than £99.
- you have paid less than £99 (due to the tax deductibility of the fee) to receive 20,000 Avios, if you choose to convert your Capital on Tap points to Avios
- you will have a Visa card in your wallet which will earn you 1 Avios or 1p cashback on all of your business spending over the next 12 months
- you will have a Visa card in your wallet with 0% FX fees which is valuable if you are paying for products or services for your business in other currencies
This is a decent deal in my view.
The initial 20,000 points bonus means that you are instantly ‘up’ after paying the fee and you should be able to pick up a good number of points during your first year. After 12 months you can reassess whether it is worth keeping.
How to apply
Full details of our Capital on Tap offer are in our introductory Capital on Tap Visa article here.
Remember you need to have a Limited Company or LLP in order to apply. Sole traders cannot apply, unfortunately.
You MUST apply via this special link to receive the two-part bonus of 20,000 points with your first purchase and 30,000 additional points if you spend £30,000 in 90 days. The offer runs to 2nd October.