IHG One Rewards has been busy ….
Bid for two night suite stay, with a Dyson hairdryer thrown in, at Kimpton Fitzroy!
One thing we like to stress with the various ‘experiences’ auctions offered by Hilton, Marriott, Accor and IHG is that you should always read the small print.
What can often seen uninteresting can get more attractive when you read the details – and if no-one else reads the details, your chance of getting a bargain jumps sharply.
IHG One Rewards is currently running a promotion to ‘Come and experience London, walking in the shoes of Inthefrow’s Victoria Magrath.” No, me neither.
Dig into the small print though and you may suddenly become a big fan of Victoria:
- Two nights in the Kimpton Corner Suite by Victoria Magrath, inclusive of breakfast, at Kimpton Fitzroy (image below)
- Two cocktails of your choice at Fitz’s Bar
- Access to Victoria’s ‘Sip & Shop’ London Itinerary
- A voucher for £50 to spend at London Serenity, mobile spa experience, to be pampered in your room
- Personalised welcome note from Victoria
- Complimentary gifts within the suite including a Dyson Supersonic, sleep kit, workout accessories, stationery, flowers and more
The Dyson Supersonic is worth at least £330, even if it is the cheapest model which is provided. A standard room at Kimpton Fitzroy can run to 120,000 points per night these days, and you would get two nights in a suite.
Importantly, you can pick your dates. Christmas Day and New Year’s Eve are blocked, but apart from that you have a free choice – subject to the suite not being booked by a paying guest – until 31st January.
The current bid is a low 140,000 IHG One Rewards points – some people would pay that just for the hairdryer.
Get 1,000 IHG One Rewards points for downloading the IHG app
As part of its Black Friday offers, IHG is offering 1,000 IHG One Rewards points purely for downloading the IHG app.
All you need to do is download it and log in. That’s it. As long as you haven’t downloaded the app before, you qualify for 1,000 points.
Full details are on the IHG website here. The offer runs to 2nd December.
Even if you have downloaded the app before, has your partner?
Book an IHG Black Friday offer
IHG is running a Black Friday sale, valid for bookings made up to 2nd December.
Details vary by geographic location, but for European hotels the terms are:
- save 25% off Best Available Rate if you are a logged-in IHG One Rewards member
- must book at least three days in advance
- must stay by 28th February
- rooms must be pre-paid and are non-refundable
If you are staying by 31st December, don’t forget to register here for IHG’s current promotion. It offers 2,000 bonus points for every two nights (not necessarily consecutive) or 10,000 bonus points for every four nights stayed – you pick the offer that works best for you.