Get an extra £300 off British Airways Holidays when you book by 16th May
Links on Head for Points may pay us an affiliate commission. A list of partners is here.
This article is sponsored by British Airways Holidays
British Airways Holidays has launched an offer of up to £300 extra savings on bookings made by 16th May 2023.
This is part of a wider British Airways Sale that runs from now until 30th May – although you only get this extra saving if you book by Tuesday 16th. We’ll have a separate look at the flight sale in a future article.
Any BA Holidays bookings made in the May Sale will qualify for the long running DOUBLE British Airways tier points offer as long as you book a 5+ night holiday and travel before 31st December 2023. It’s a great way to get yourself British Airways Executive Club status or status renewal.
What is the British Airways Holidays extra £300 discount offer?
British Airways Holidays is offering savings of up to an extra £300 off selected holidays for a limited period during the May Sale.
The savings are based on spend, so you can save on both short haul and long haul holidays. The minimum spend per booking for an extra discount is just £625.
If you book a flight + hotel or flight + car holiday between 11th May and 16th May 2023 you can make the following additional savings:
- £300 extra discount with a minimum spend of £10,000 per booking (flight + hotel)
- £200 extra discount with a minimum spend of £5,000 per booking (flight + hotel)
- £100 extra discount with a minimum spend of £2,500 per booking (flight + hotel or flight + car)
- £50 extra discount with a minimum spend of £1,250 per booking (flight + hotel or flight + car)
- £25 extra discount with a minimum spend of £625 per booking (flight + car)
Take a look at the offer home page here.
You will receive DOUBLE British Airways Executive Club tier points too
British Airways Holidays is still running one of the most attractive points promotions available from any travel company – the ‘double tier points’ offer.
If you book a ‘flight and hotel’ or ‘flight and car’ package for 5+ nights via BA Holidays, for travel completed by 31st December 2023, you will receive double British Airways Executive Club tier points on your flights.
You could get very close to a Silver card from scratch in one trip to Europe. For example, booking Manchester to Corfu in Club Europe, you would get (40 + 80 + 80 + 40) x 2 = 480 tier points, which puts you very close to the 600 tier points you need for Silver.
Fly long haul from London and you’d be even closer. Virtually all long haul routes offer 140 tier points each way in Business Class, so a Club World return would get you (140 + 140) x 2 = 560 tier points. This is just 40 tier points short of Silver status, which gets you up to 25 months (depending on the timing of your Executive Club year end) of BA lounge access and free seat selection, amongst other benefits.
The longest long haul routes (Buenos Aires, Hong Kong, Mauritius, Tokyo, Santiago, Singapore) earn 160 tier points each way, which would get you 640 tier points in a single holiday with this promotion. You would immediately move to Silver status, as long as you had four qualifying British Airways flights in your membership year.
Full details of the ‘double tier points’ offer can be found on BA Holidays here.
Here’s some holiday inspiration
Here are some examples of the holidays on offer:
- Lanzarote: 7 nights all-inclusive at the 5* Secrets Lanzarote Resort & Spa from £1,074pp travelling on 25th September 2023. Includes Euro Traveller return flights from London Gatwick Airport, 23kg luggage allowance and accommodation.
- Las Vegas: 6 nights room-only at the 4.5* SAHARA Las Vegas from £729pp departing on 2nd March 2024. Includes World Traveller return flights from London Gatwick Airport, 23kg luggage allowance and accommodation, plus $180 per room Food and Beverage credit.
- New York: 3 nights room-only at the 4* Hilton Times Square from £579pp departing 8th January 2024. Includes World Traveller return flights from London Gatwick Airport, 23kg luggage allowance and accommodation.
- Antigua: 7 nights at the 4* Royalton Antigua, An Autograph Collection from £1,399pp departing 4th September 2023. Includes World Traveller return flights from London Gatwick Airport, 23kg luggage allowance and a free room upgrade from Luxury junior Suite to Luxury Junior Suite Bay View.
Club World / Club Europe holidays
- Prague: 3 nights room-only at the 4* Hotel Duo from £319pp, travelling on 19th November 2023. Includes Club Europe flights from London Heathrow, two 32kg bags and accommodation.
- Boston: 4 nights room-only at the 4* Boston Park Plaza from £1,569pp, departing on 11th January 2024. Includes Club World flights from London Heathrow, two 32kg bags and accommodation.
- Mexico: 7 nights all-inclusive at 4* Allegro Playacar from £2,239pp, departing on 7th November 2023. Includes Club World flights from London Gatwick, two 32kg bags and accommodation.
Don’t forget the other benefits of booking with British Airways Holidays
As well as the double tier point benefit, there are other attractive benefits of booking with British Airways Holidays:
- you earn 1 Avios per £1 spent at BA Holidays – this is an extra bonus on top of the Avios you earn on your flights plus the Avios you earn if you pay with an Avios-earning credit card
- you earn double Avios (3 per £1 spent) from Amex when you pay with a British Airways American Express Premium Plus card
- you can secure your trip with a small deposit now and pay the balance nearer the date of travel
- you have access to a 24 hour support helpline during your trip
Find out more on the BA Holidays home page here. Remember that, whilst the May Sale runs to 30th May, the extra cash discounts are only available to Tuesday 16th May.