Etihad is running a short term flash sale via a 20% discount code.
You save a straight 20% on the base fare (ie the price excluding taxes and charges) in Economy and Business.
The rules are:
- book by 14th June
- travel between 1st July and 30th September
- discount not valid on tickets which terminate in the UAE
- some discounted Economy tickets are excluded
- only valid on Etihad operated services
These deals work best for Business Class bookings, because the taxes and charges – which are not discounted – make up a smaller percentage of the total cost and so the total discount is close to 20%. For Economy tickets, taxes and charges makes up a high proportion of what you pay and so you save far less than 20% overall.
You need to use code ‘SUMMERSPLASH’ on the Etihad website here.
How to earn Etihad Guest miles from UK credit cards (September 2023)
Etihad Guest does not have a UK credit card. However, you can earn Etihad Guest miles by converting Membership Rewards points earned from selected UK American Express cards.
Cards earning Membership Rewards points include:
- American Express Preferred Rewards Gold (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 20,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 20,000 Etihad Guest miles. This card is FREE for your first year and also comes with four free airport lounge passes.
- The Platinum Card from American Express (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 30,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 30,000 Etihad Guest miles.
- American Express Rewards credit card (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 10,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 10,000 Etihad Guest miles. This card is FREE for life.
Membership Rewards points convert at 1:1 into Etihad Guest miles which is an attractive rate. The cards above all earn 1 Membership Rewards point per £1 spent on your card, which converts to 1 Etihad Guest mile. The Gold card earns double points (2 per £1) on all flights you charge to it.