Run a limited company or LLP? Capital on Tap has brought back its generous offer to earn up to 30,000 bonus points as a new credit cardholder.
The offer is running until 13th August 2023 so you have two weeks left to apply.
Business owners in the market for a new credit card can earn up to 30,000 bonus points when you take out a Capital on Tap Business Rewards Credit Card.
These points convert at 1:1 into Avios or into 1p of cash. This means you can receive up to 30,000 Avios or £300 as a sign-up bonus! You can apply here.
How does the sign-up bonus work?
You will earn your 30,000 bonus Capital on Tap points in two stages.
Firstly, when you you get the Capital on Tap Business Rewards Credit Card before 13th August, you will get a 10,000 point bonus when you make your first transaction. You’d simply need to buy something as small as a newspaper and 10,000 points will be dropped into your account.
To get a further 20,000 point bonus, new cardholders are required to spend £20,000 within the first three months.
For some SME owners, spending £20,000 in three months will not be a problem. Don’t worry if you can’t meet this target, however. You will still get 10,000 bonus points just for making one transaction with your new card.
Remember that 10,000 points convert into 10,000 Avios or £100.
How to apply for the Capital on Tap Business Rewards Visa
This is a HfP exclusive offer, so you MUST apply via this link.
Applications made through the standard Capital on Tap home page will not receive the extra bonus.
Do you qualify for this offer?
This offer is limited to readers who have a business which is incorporated as a limited company or LLP.
At present, sole traders and regular partnerships cannot apply – sorry.
This offer is only available to new Capital on Tap customers.
What are the benefits of the Capital on Tap Business Rewards Visa card?
Alongside the sign-up bonus of 10,000 to 30,000 points, here are six additional reasons that HfP readers may like the Capital on Tap Business Rewards Credit Card:
- It’s a Visa card. Capital on Tap credit cards are Visa cards, making them the ONLY Visa or Mastercard cards that allow a business to earn Avios (and, of course, are much more widely accepted than American Express for B2B transactions)
- You earn 1 Capital on Tap point per £1 you spend. Capital on Tap points can be redeemed for 1 Avios per point, 1p cashback, or gift cards at household retailers like Amazon and John Lewis. .
- You won’t pay FX fees abroad. This is the only Avios-earning credit card, personal or business, which does not charge foreign exchange fees when used abroad.
- You get quick points transfers to Avios. Capital on Tap has virtually instantaneous transfers of points into Avios. They reach your British Airways Executive Club account as soon as you’ve completed a transfer from your Capital on Tap account. There is no risk of missing out on that reward seat.
- You can cash in your points. If you decide you don’t want any more Avios at any time, Capital on Tap will let you cash-in your non-transferred points for 1p per point of real money. If you choose to redeem your points for cash instead of Avios, you should take tax advice on how the cash should be treated – HMRC does not tax points or miles.
- Capital on Tap has redesigned the card, introducing a sleek, black design that has a more premium vibe:
On top of these benefits, as a cardholder you would also get:
- UNLIMITED cards for your company, for free – now with assignable Administrator, Accounts or basic Cardholder roles
- A credit facility of up to £250,000
- Up to 56 days to pay before interest is incurred on card purchases when you repay in full
- No UK ATM fees
- Accounting integrations with Sage, QuickBooks, Xero and more
What are the fees and interest rate?
The annual fee for the Capital on Tap Business Rewards credit card is £99 and is tax deductible.
With this offer, you can redeem the 10,000 Capital on Tap points earned from your first transaction for £100 cashback or 10,000 Avios, so you already have cancelled out the annual fee.
Your interest rate is based on your business profile and can be as low as 1.19% per month. The representative interest rate for marketing purposes is 34.3% APR variable.
Capital on Tap offers are appealing to many HfP readers with their own business. The 30,000 point bonus when you spend £20,000 in the first three months translates to real value.
If you can’t spend £20,000 in three months, don’t worry. Everyone who successfully applies during this promotion will receive 10,000 points (worth £100 or 10,000 Avios) after their first purchase. Your £99 fee is instantly covered and, because the fee is a tax-deductible expense, the net cost to you will be lower.
Some business owners reading this may already have a British Airways Accelerating Business American Express, American Express Business Platinum or American Express Business Gold. You should still consider Capital on Tap in addition to your Amex as it is ideal for use outside the UK (due to 0% FX fees) and at places where American Express is not accepted.
You have until 13th August to apply, but don’t forget – you MUST use this link to apply.
Thank you to Capital on Tap for making this exclusive offer available to our readers.
Disclaimer: Head for Points is a journalistic website. Nothing here should be construed as financial advice, and it is your own responsibility to ensure that any product is right for your circumstances. Recommendations are based primarily on the ability to earn miles and points. The site discusses products offered by lenders but is not a lender itself. Robert Burgess, trading as Head for Points, is regulated and authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority to act as an independent credit broker.