Firstly I hope they’re doing well now. I had a little one hospitalised and it was quite the stress, let alone before a trip!
Firstly did you cancel more than 24hrs before – are BA willing to refund the miles? Secondly who is your insurer ?
You’ll need to speak to them to see if/ how they’d pay it, some won’t pay on miles at all, some will reimburse a value (if BA aren’t giving you them back) and some will pay for you to travel at a later date (although next Xmas may be pushing it but it isn’t especially unreasonable to only be able to take a long trip at certain times of the year)
New to Head for Points?
Welcome! We’re the UK’s most-read source of business travel, Avios, frequent flyer and hotel loyalty news. Let us improve how you travel. Got any questions? Ask them in our forums.
Latest Forum Posts
- LondonFly on Thank you! Now please help plan my LA trip
- Not Long Now… on Flying First – Dallas or Houston?
- davefl on Anyone seen this message from Ba website
- NYB90 on Amex Platinum insurance – MASTER THREAD
- RTS on Cash Advance Fee
- Helloboy on Chat thread – Saturday 24th February
- drdan on Flying First – Dallas or Houston?
- nickd19 on Chat thread – Saturday 24th February
- seki on BA not updating my tier points!
- Joecooljoe on Chat thread – Saturday 24th February
Check reward flight availability instantly for free!
Booking a luxury hotel?
Our luxury hotel booking service offers you GUARANTEED extra benefits over booking direct. Works with Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, The Ritz Carlton, St Regis and more. We've booked £1.7 million of rooms to date. Click for details.