Forums › Payment cards › American Express › Post your American Express Platinum retention offers here! › Reply To: Post your American Express Platinum retention offers here!
Spoke to Amex on their live chat. Said I was thinking of closing the account and wondered if there was any retention offer available which might make me reconsider. The agent asked if they could remind me of the benefits of the card. I said no thanks, I’m aware of the benefits, please tell me if there is a retention offer available..
They then offered me 35k points which I gladly accepted.
I think you went for the quick ‘ad free’ version!
If you listen to the alleged benefits and then tell them, oh dear, the benefits aren’t half as good as you had thought and you haven’t been able to use them etc. then you might be in the lucky dip (they probably call it an algorithm) for 50k or 75k.
Haha! I’ll try that when I try it for the BAPP, thanks.
New to Head for Points?
Welcome! We’re the UK’s most-read source of business travel, Avios, frequent flyer and hotel loyalty news. Let us improve how you travel. Got any questions? Ask them in our forums.
Latest Forum Posts
- jintycat on Car hire in New Zealand advice
- Pogonation on BA companion voucher anomaly
- Alex G on BA companion voucher anomaly
- yonasl on 120 Tier Points Urgently Needed
- NorthernLass on 120 Tier Points Urgently Needed
- NorthernLass on Chat thread – Monday 26th February
- BBbetter on Chat thread – Monday 26th February
- iEimis on Chat thread – Sunday 25th February
- jumpersforgoalposts on Chat thread – Monday 26th February
- jj on Buses, not runways, at LHR
Check reward flight availability instantly for free!
Booking a luxury hotel?
Our luxury hotel booking service offers you GUARANTEED extra benefits over booking direct. Works with Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, The Ritz Carlton, St Regis and more. We've booked £1.7 million of rooms to date. Click for details.