Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express £200 Amex Travel credit posted to Bus Plat account

• Angelamc11 195 posts

Woke up to find that £200 Amex travel credit had posted to my Bus Platinum today.

The only purchase I made was an FHR booking yesterday after seeing the post on the University Arms for Marriott. This is interesting as I’ve chosen to pay at the hotel to avail of the spend £250 get £100 back on our Marriott card.

Not sure how this transaction will go now as I wasn’t planning to pay with the plat, but feeling now maybe I should incase I have the £200 credit taken back and lost. I think the t&c’s say if refunded it can’t be used again.

VickyTM 111 posts

I had the same, but haven’t booked any travel on my Bus Plat at all, so a bit confused really.

joeucreative 9 posts

Can confirm I’ve received the credit to my account today, too – I haven’t booked with Amex travel in years. Let’s see whether they reverse it or if this is some kind of blip! I also thought this was only going to begin from 10th Oct according to the original HfP article.

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,194 posts

Looks like they’ve posted them a few days early.

Guernsey Globetrotter 584 posts

Looks like they’ve posted them a few days early.

But we are talking about receiving a £200 credit onto the balance of our Amex Bus Plat accounts, not a credit offer that needs to be redeemed. I for one have not used by business card to book travel since July so great if this is being applied retrospectively, but it seems a bit odd!

Dudulle 47 posts

And it’s gone. “Incorrect Amex Travel Credit reversal” transaction of £200 took it away. Did not track for extra points either haha.

heb999 14 posts

My £200 has been taken away too.

D 1 post

Mine disappeared yesterday and am waiting to get the correct offer. I cant see it up yet as an enrol able benefit or one to select and save to card so assume its coming this week?

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,194 posts

It could be next week now.

The original plan was for the new benefits to launch today and the fee to go up on the 18th. It is possible the two have now been aligned which would make more sense.

Mark 35 posts

Email sent today

Dear Mr Mark

We are writing to inform you that, due to a technical error, an incorrect credit of £200 was applied to your Account on or around Monday 3 October appearing on your statement as “Amex Travel Credit”.

A correction debit for £200 was issued on or around 8 October, which will appear on your statement as “Incorrect Amex Travel Credit reversal”. You do not need to take any action.

Depending on your statement period, you will either see the credit & debit appear on the same statement, or on subsequent statements.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.