Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs Other frequent flyer schemes 55 minute Qatar First Class flight ….

• Lambtiger 18 posts

Managed to bag First Class reward flight on Qatar from Doha to Bahrain, after a Business flight from the UK. It’s 55 minutes! How special can you be treated in 55 mins? Anybody flown similar?

peckishpassport 44 posts

I’ve done a few short Gulf routes on QR F. Note that QR markets forward cabins on Gulf or regional routes as FIRST class instead of BUSINESS. Nevertheless, QR are known to serve a meal on their shortest flight too.

You will get access to the QR First Class lounge which is an absolute treat especially if you have a long enough layover!

The real Swiss Tony 662 posts

Did this last year DOH-AUH then SHJ-DOH in a 737 MAX

All very pleasant. As noted you get first class lounge access in Doha – has this reopened yet? If it has, make sure you don’t miss the sushi bar which is right by the bus gate you’ll probably end up using.

Onboard managed a glass of champagne (decent but non vintage IIRC) and it was a single plate of food.

The First Class bus at Doha was also very swish. 12 armchairs for 8 pax I think, with those in the cheap seats held behind the curtain until we had safely deplaned.

NorthernLass 7,592 posts

I’m guessing you will be ferried off the plane first while the lesser pax are trapped behind the curtain! This happened to us on DXB-DOH last month, the flight was 50 minutes but it took longer than that to get off the plane and be bussed to the terminal.

Aston100 1,383 posts

Do they not use air bridges for the smaller aircraft?

NorthernLass 7,592 posts

We landed miles away from the terminal! Fortunately, the immigration process and baggage retrieval were very efficient.

Lambtiger 18 posts

Thanks all! Excited!

_Tom 27 posts

All very pleasant. As noted you get first class lounge access in Doha – has this reopened yet? If it has, make sure you don’t miss the sushi bar which is right by the bus gate you’ll probably end up using.

Onboard managed a glass of champagne (decent but non vintage IIRC) and it was a single plate of food.

The First Class bus at Doha was also very swish. 12 armchairs for 8 pax I think, with those in the cheap seats held behind the curtain until we had safely deplaned.

We have this exact itinerary coming up in about 4 weeks time. I’m really excited about it. And yes, happily Al Safwa is now reopen further to the extended maintenance closure.

If you’re flying out of SHJ then don’t get there early. The airport is very small and the lounge restricts you to two drinks! Very tasty biriyani on the buffet thought!

kwho 62 posts

Many regional flights are Bus gates. The first class limo buses are freezing cold!!!!

_Tom 27 posts

If you’re flying out of SHJ then don’t get there early. The airport is very small and the lounge restricts you to two drinks! Very tasty biriyani on the buffet thought!

Yes we are, so thanks for the great advice. The suggestion on the Qatar app is to arrive at the airport 3 hours prior to departure, so it’s good to know it’s not necessary at SHJ.

The suggestion on the Qatar app is to arrive at the airport 3 hours prior to departure, so it’s good to know it’s not necessary at SHJ.

Absolutely not. Traffic was also fine. I’d say that if you allowed 90 minutes you would have more than sufficient wiggle room. I was able to use the self service passport check system, then security is done at the gate. It’s literally 100m in an almost straight line from the drop zone to the lounge. Security is done at the gate, and QR seem to have the gate closest to the lounge as theirs.

Hilda M 61 posts

Oh dear ☹️ Just came across this thread about short haul busses in DOH. Have booked DOH DXB F in about a week’s time hoping the Accor status match is still live. Bad knee so I find steps difficult when carrying my usual hand luggage – roller & heavy (stuffed!)Tumi handbag. Last time when boarding steps at DOH I was able to get help but am wondering if it will likely be a bus as well arriving in DXB ?

I really dislike ordering wheelchair assistance- often more of a hindrance than a help when I’m fairly mobile.

AinsworthLord 11 posts

Greta post and comments on here. I have similar situation Doha to Dubai in first as well. So looking forward to filling my belly in the Al Safwar lounge.. 🙂

Hilda M 61 posts

Greta post and comments on here. I have similar situation Doha to Dubai in first as well. So looking forward to filling my belly in the Al Safwar lounge.. 🙂

I was very impressed last week – ended up booking wheelchair assistance and felt really well cared for – especially in the Lounge where the “Wheelchair Coordinator” kept me well informed. Q Suite on board and finished the flight as a Platinum Elite (thanks Accor!) … now, how do I manage to requalify for next year 😁

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.