Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

• joe martin 2 posts

Amex has told us that we cannot promote this offer on the site except in the context of news articles.

As, under UK credit card marketing laws, we effectively have to do what they tell us, it’s not there.

Offer is fine but you need to go to BA.com to apply.

Thank you for clarifying Rob, and for taking one for us! Feels we should crowd-source you to make up for lost revenue 🙂

Sandj 21 posts

New member here – signed up to post my similar experience.

Signed up through the HFP link. Already a member of BA Executive Club. Redirected to AMEX sign up page – took a screenshot and continued on.
    AMEX app says 35,000 points bonus on the tracker. Chat completely useless.
    Call AMEX – first caller completely useless and tells me the BA portion of the offer (the 70,000) is not up to them and will be paid by BA and I’d have to check with them.
    Call BA – again completely useless and they just read what was on on the sign up page.
    Finally called 08009178047 and spoke to an American.
    She said they’ve received a number of calls about this, but the good news is that I am eligible for the 70,000 bonus because I signed up in time and I was a BA executive member. She told me the app will continue to display 35,000 but once I spend the £3,000 and get paid the 35,000 I should call them back up and they will add the remaining 35,000 to my account. She gave me a reference number and her name. I asked for written confirmation for my records – she said she couldn’t do that but all calls are recorded.

I’ll see what happens when I ring them back up. I’m slightly concerned they couldn’t confirm in writing and I’m half expecting them to turn around saying ‘what call?’ judging by how hostile they’re being to other members of this forum. Would be interested to hear if others have been told the same.

Thanks,
    James

I called this number when I saw my tracker was showing 35,000.
    Was told it was a known glitch and to call when I spent £3.000 to have the points added.
    Hit £3,000 last week, rang and was assured they had been added and would show in 24 hours, no points were added.
    Rang again and apparently the previous person hasn’t done what she should have and this next person promised she’d spoken to the back office and they’d be there in 48 hours.
    And they are showing! Marked up as a goodwill gesture.
    There was no mention of being signed in to the executive club.

tominoz 6 posts

I was the original and OP and just to close the thread…I submitted a complaint )about only being given 35k bonus rather than the 70k) to Amex and it was upheld.
    The additional 35k points were added manually once I reached the £3,000 spend.
    All ended well and hats off to Amex for admitting an error and rectifying it.
    They keep my business going forward.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.