Ad-hoc credit card payments to EE or Virgin Media
2nd June 2022 at 10:10dst87
I have a direct debit set up with EE and Virgin Media, but thought it might be a good idea to make payments with a credit card instead, which both companies allow.
Anyone done this, and know whether that reduces the direct debit? How far in advance do you have to do it to reduce the DD?2nd June 2022 at 20:28slidey
Ad hoc payment will put you in credit and that credit will be used for the next billing cycle with virgin. That will prolly be the payment after the upcoming one as they seem to need to have 3 weeks for an upcoming dd payment2nd June 2022 at 20:30AY
With EE it reduces your direct debit that month, but be quick after the bill is produced as I’ve had it twice where they took direct debit as I paid just before it was due to go out which put me in credit next month.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The perfect airport doesn’t exist, but the new Paris Charles de Gaulle ‘Extime’ upgrade is close
Bits: new Qatar insurance rules, design a BA beer can, free Fairmont night from Emirates
Bits: fly BA Club World on short haul – or fly Titan, Virgin ends Plaza Premium Clubhouse access
Bits: Virgin’s missing reward seats, Elizabeth Line gets faster to Heathrow, Inverness Airport station
New to Head for Points?
Welcome! We’re the UK’s most-read source of business travel, Avios, frequent flyer and hotel loyalty news. Let us improve how you travel. Got any questions? Ask them in our forums.
Latest Forum Posts
- JDB on Volunteer list at online checkin
- AJA on New member saying Hello!
- JDB on Nassau, Grand Cayman and Providenciales Back to T5!
- flymeanywhere on Chat thread – Wednesday 8th February
- qc on Sri Lanka: trouble possibly brewing again
- Harrier25 on Purchasing which vouchers qualify towards Amex minimum spend ?
- nectar collector on Chat thread – Wednesday 8th February
- AJA on Chat thread – Wednesday 8th February
- Harrier25 on No AMEX Avios or MR points posted since 5th Feb
- secretsquirrel on Purchasing which vouchers qualify towards Amex minimum spend ?
Check reward flight availability instantly for free!
Booking a luxury hotel?
Our luxury hotel booking service offers you GUARANTEED extra benefits over booking direct. Works with Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, The Ritz Carlton, St Regis and more. We've booked £1.7 million of rooms to date. Click for details.