Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express Advice on transferring out 80k MR points

• DJJ 10 posts

Hi. I have an Amex platinum with a balance of around 80k MR points. I am due to cancel my platinum card and need to transfer out my MR points. I usually transfer to avios but with recent BA changes with taxes, I will have less use for them (currently have around 900k avios and think I will transfer to nectar).

Question is what is best use of MR points (obviously understand it is subjective depending on one’s travelling needs). I was looking to either transfer to hilton points or alternatively transfer to avios (and then change to nectar). Would appreciate any advice.

KP 27 posts

Why not downgrade to the free amex card and keep your points until you need them

DJJ 10 posts

Why not downgrade to the free amex card and keep your points until you need them

I have BA premium plus card for current spending and wanted to cancel so I can restart 2 year cycle for personal cards (and so that I can get business card sign up bonus in future).

cats_are_best 99 posts

If you really must transfer, Avios-Nectar gets you a sure 0.8p, whereas Hilton value will depend on your luck with redemption value, whenever I’ve looked the MR-HH value has been poor, but it depends where and when you want to book.

This article looks at a few options:

https://www.headforpoints.com/2021/02/23/what-can-you-do-with-american-express-membership-rewards-points-2/

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.