Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs Other frequent flyer schemes Aegean giving away free miles – transferable to Accor -20th anniversary

• Ash 621 posts

If you are a member of their flying club probably received the 20th anniversary giveaway. Answer two holiday related questions and you get free miles. Four of us got 2500, 3000 x 2 and 5000 miles. Poolable if you have Silver status – maybe they do status match with partner airlines.

If not received email, login, you will see the link on drop down menu.

Transferable to Accor. Also M&S and other vouchers

meta 1,439 posts

Mentioned here a week or two ago.

You don’t need status to be able to transfer between members. You just need to credit one flight to Aegean.

With that amount of miles, you’re better off using them for RT domestic ticket or regional one-way in Asia.

Ash 621 posts

Thanks didnt realise already posted.

So Aegean miles can be transferred from one member to another – without needing to be silver status – great!

John 1,000 posts

No, you can’t transfer Aegean miles to other members unless you pay.

When you reach silver status you can form a household account (called a “Together” account), then the miles can be redeemed for anyone in the account. If the head of household drops to no status, the Together account is dissolved and all the miles are moved into their personal account. Not entirely sure what happens if someone else in the household achieves status but the head loses status.

Note that a together account with Aegean must be genuine and you can’t add and remove members at random. Occasionally the system will flag up suspicious activity such as signing up your 3 cats to take part in this miles giveaway, or someone with a name different to the others who credits a domestic flight in Thailand, while everyone else has only ever credited flights between Canada and the US. If this happens you WILL be asked for passport scans and proof of address for everyone and if you don’t provide these promptly the accounts will be closed.

meta 1,439 posts

I am able to transfer without any payment to my partner and vice versa. We have no status, but we did credit a few partner airlines flights to Aegean and flew once with Aegean. The option appeared after the first credited flight. A glitch?

Ash 621 posts

@meta do you have Aegean status? No 15 eur fee?

Partner and i both flown Aegean, credited thr points to Aegean. My app says-

“Award miles can be transferred in sets of 1,000 at a fixed transaction fee of 15€, per transfer, regardless the amount of miles that you transfer. You can either transfer or receive up to 50,000 award miles within a period of 12 months. ”

John 1,000 posts

Sounds like a glitch, of which there are quite a few on the website. I can’t test this for myself as all the other accounts I know are in my together account.

meta 1,439 posts

@Ash no status and no fee. It’s probably a glitch which may not last long so I have sent everything to one account to be safe.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.