Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express American Express £200 Platinum dining credit – Expires 31/12/21

• Yuff 43 posts

Btw are you saying the Ivy restaurants don’t accept Amex via Apple Pay? I’m sure I’ve paid before.

I am saying that and the ivy have confirmed that via email, that Amex doesn’t work via contactless or Apple Pay at their restaurants.
    I’ll be forwarding their email to Amex and expect to receive the credit.[/quote]

Amex chat have just confirmed I will be receiving the credit.

TGLoyalty 479 posts

A nice outcome. I’d thank the Amex team because that’s a huge slice of goodwill.

I’d get a replacement card ordered for any future offers.

Next time I plan on dining in an IVY I’ll be sure to take my actual card just in case.

SteveJ 975 posts

Who doesn’t carry the Platinum physical card with them, isn’t that half the joy of paying the fee, whipping out the heavy metal (literally) card at every opportunity?

Maybe that says more about me…

Andrew J 768 posts

Who doesn’t carry the Platinum physical card with them, isn’t that half the joy of paying the fee, whipping out the heavy metal (literally) card at every opportunity?

Totally agree!

Yuff 43 posts

A nice outcome. I’d thank the Amex team because that’s a huge slice of goodwill.

I’d get a replacement card ordered for any future offers.

Next time I plan on dining in an IVY I’ll be sure to take my actual card just in case.

I don’t see it like that, I genuinely tried to use my card specifically because of the offer. That I wasn’t able to use the card because of a technical issue I don’t see as my problem or that I should be penalised.
    I’m more annoyed that the 2 days previously I ate at restaurants where the bills were over £200 ( the ivy was by far the best value meal we had) and didn’t try my platinum card at those restaurants🤦🏻‍♂️
    We ate near the Mayfair Hakkasan on Christmas eve at Benares and worst Indian meal We have ever had from service to the food.
    wish I had realised Hakkasan was on the offer when I booked.

Yuff 43 posts

I have metal curve and Revolut, they are heavy enough 😀
    Plus I prefer just to take my phone although that leads to temptation to use it rather than eating and talking and trying to encourage our teenagers to not use their phones whilst eating…….

Sam 96 posts

Don’t carry any cards, metal or not. Don’t even carry a wallet, just my iPhone. Apple Pay did work at the Ivy Guildford to buy a giftcard

For shop cards like Boots, Waitrose, Morrisons etc we use the iOS StoCard app. Prefer travelling light!

Travel Strong 262 posts

Klosterhaus (Bristol) charged 27th Dec, no sign of credit – called and told it will trigger and wait 90 days. Food was good, but closed a little earlier than expected so we were rushed out a bit which was not ideal.

S879 95 posts

Does anyone have the list in pdf format. One month on and no dining credit. Chatted with Amex and they couldn’t find list of participating restaurants as the original link no longer works! They’ve raised a query.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.