Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express Post new Amex statement credit offers here!

• Carlos 758 posts

10% at LNER (Don’t forget to stack with Nectar 10pts/£ at Nectar Connect).

5% Curry’s on transactions over £100 every time.

Looking to get the new iPhone but is a £30 saving worth it over John Lewis’s extra year warranty? hmm

Has anyone ever claimed on their iPhone warranty?

Never mind, Currys dont offer cashback on phones

Andrew J 769 posts

For some reason the forum isn’t letting me post to a quote. So in response to the above:
    The Amex offer won’t exclude iPhones – it will trigger fine.

Andrew J 769 posts

10% at LNER (Don’t forget to stack with Nectar 10pts/£ at Nectar Connect).

5% Curry’s on transactions over £100 every time.

Looking to get the new iPhone but is a £30 saving worth it over John Lewis’s extra year warranty? hmm

Has anyone ever claimed on their iPhone warranty?

Never mind, Currys dont offer cashback on phones

The Amex offer will work on whatever you buy from Currys – it won’t excluded iPhones.

Andrew J 769 posts

First ever time (I think, and other than the 100% back offers on Platinum last year) John Lewis Amex offer just dropped – not overly groundbreaking at £100 get £10.

CarpalTravel 362 posts

First ever time (I think, and other than the 100% back offers on Platinum last year) John Lewis Amex offer just dropped – not overly groundbreaking at £100 get £10.

What card is that on. Not on any of our Plat, PersPlat or BAPP’s.

My Platinum has only 7% at Morrisons, whereas my BAPP has 10%.

Platinum card holders getting the short straw!

Still better than my 5% on my PersPlat and not on my BAPP.

Reney 755 posts

It is on all our BAPP and personal plat. Waitrose is excluded. If I buy John Lewis gift card ma from online or in store, can I use it at waitrose? Thx

Andrew J 769 posts

Yes JL vouchers can be used at Waitrose. But you’ll need to go to a JL store to do this as the online vouchers are sold by a third party. (Quote text not working!)

Reney 755 posts

Yes JL vouchers can be used at Waitrose. But you’ll need to go to a JL store to do this as the online vouchers are sold by a third party. (Quote text not working!)

Thx I was just going to ask a follow up q on whether buying online would be 3rd party!

Iona 57 posts

It is on all our BAPP and personal plat. Waitrose is excluded. If I buy John Lewis gift card ma from online or in store, can I use it at waitrose? Thx

Whereas I’ve got it on a Gold card (which is a supplementary one, my husband has the account) but not my own BAPP or Platinum….

Andrew J 769 posts

Whereas I’ve got it on a Gold card (which is a supplementary one, my husband has the account) but not my own BAPP or Platinum….

It continues to be a head-scratcher as to how they apply the offers – have a free card/have a fee card; use your card/don’t use your card; shopped there regularly/never shop there. There seems no logic.

rum 275 posts

I have the JL offer on my new Platinum. £100 for £10 back.

On another note, something mysterious is happening to my BAPP offers. A bunch of offers just disappeared which were due to expire in late February, March or beyond. I just used an offer for the FT and that has also disappeared. If that one doesn’t track, I’ll be cancelling my membership.

yorkieflyer 259 posts

Also saved offers such as the economist one disappearing

rum 275 posts

Yup the Economist disappeared for me too, as did the Telegraph.

mikey123 12 posts

AMEX Gold Business: “Spend £30 or more, get 10% back every time”

The T&C state: “Purchases of the following products are excluded from this offer: … E Top-up Vouchers.

Does that exclude gift cards? I’m specifically looking for Amazon credit. Is that a gift card or e top-up?

Thanks in advance

Andrew J 769 posts

The T&C state: “Purchases of the following products are excluded from this offer: … E Top-up Vouchers.

Does that exclude gift cards? I’m specifically looking for Amazon credit. Is that a gift card or e top-up?

Thanks in advance

It would be helpful to know the retailer you are referring to.

Andrew J 769 posts

Yes JL vouchers can be used at Waitrose. But you’ll need to go to a JL store to do this as the online vouchers are sold by a third party.

Andrew. 480 posts

Thanks in advance

Morrisons offer? Yes, buying all physical gift cards works in store.

CarpalTravel 362 posts

It continues to be a head-scratcher as to how they apply the offers – have a free card/have a fee card; use your card/don’t use your card; shopped there regularly/never shop there. There seems no logic.

Clearly they must apply some logic. If only they could use some of that number crunching ability to sort the offer list in some manner!

Charles Martel 124 posts

I just noticed a decent BA Amex offer: Spend £30 collect 1,000 Avios at Menkind, by 06/02/2022.

Offpsring’s Minecraft Christmas presents sorted!

(edit: 10% cash back at certain cash back sites too)

If you collect Flying Club points it looks like you might now be able to collect 8FC miles per £1 at Morrison by registering your card at https://shop.virgin-atlantic.com/ on top of the Amex rebate – I believe you have to insert you card and enter the PIN for payment when you pay else it likely won’t track.

mikey123 12 posts

sorry, it was Morrisons

Thanks in advance

It would be helpful to know the retailer you are referring to.

mikey123 12 posts

Perfect, thanks

Thanks in advance

Morrisons offer? Yes, buying all physical gift cards works in store.

DevonDiamond 71 posts

I have the JL offer on my ARCC but the hassle of going to a JL store with petrol and parking costs to then purchase overpriced groceries at Waitrose does not appeal.

Reney 755 posts

Does anyone know if the Waitrose in Canary Wharf counts as waitrose or JL as I think upstairs is. JL.

Andrew J 769 posts

I have the JL offer on my ARCC but the hassle of going to a JL store with petrol and parking costs to then purchase overpriced groceries at Waitrose does not appeal.

Sounds like this isn’t the offer for you then.

DevonDiamond 71 posts

Sounds like this isn’t the offer for you then.

You would be right 🙂

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.