Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express Post new Amex statement credit offers here!

• Ladyshopper 110 posts

I’ve got spend £500 get £100 statement credit with NCL cruises, which I think is pretty decent, especially as it’s also on my husband’s supp card!

Quite tempted by a cheap 9 night transatlantic cruise in December, just hoping we can split the bill online.

Youllnever 182 posts

I just noticed a decent BA Amex offer: Spend £30 collect 1,000 Avios at Menkind, by 06/02/2022.

Offpsring’s Minecraft Christmas presents sorted!

(edit: 10% cash back at certain cash back sites too)

+1. There’s also an MR points variant for those that hold MR cards.

BuildBackBetter 705 posts

Homes & Villas by Marriott- £150 off £500 spend.

Ladyshopper 110 posts

I’ve got spend £500 get £100 statement credit with NCL cruises, which I think is pretty decent, especially as it’s also on my husband’s supp card!

Quite tempted by a cheap 9 night transatlantic cruise in December, just hoping we can split the bill online.

Quoting myself here, but we booked an NCL cruise yesterday. NCL are a little bit cheeky compared to most other cruise lines, as you can either pay the deposit (currently £50 each) or pay in full, but you can’t make a partial payment online. Most other cruise lines you can. Was hoping to split it so we could get the £100 credit on both our cards. Also, you don’t know this until after you’ve booked and log into your booking online, where you’re presented with just a pay in full option.

Anyway, going to ring and make a £500 payment with one card to see if it works or not – got nothing to lose. If it does, will ring and pay another £500 with second card. If it doesn’t, then will pay in full to get one of the £100 credits.

jayjay 74 posts

The following appeared on my Amex BAPP this morning…

Spend £1,000 cumulatively, get 2,000 bonus Avios

BA & Selected Travel Partners

Offer valid when you spend £1,000 or more at any combination of participating Avios partners until 21 February 2022.
    Participating Avios partners include British Airways flights, Marriott International European locations, Avis and Heathrow Express. See participating locations for Marriott here. For Avis, Offer only valid online at http://www.avis.co.uk and http://www.carhire-ba.com.

Got this one too!

Also got 2 Marriott ones expiring 28/02
    50 back on a 200 or + spend
    100 back on a 400 or + spend

jayjay 74 posts

The following appeared on my Amex BAPP this morning…

Spend £1,000 cumulatively, get 2,000 bonus Avios

BA & Selected Travel Partners

Offer valid when you spend £1,000 or more at any combination of participating Avios partners until 21 February 2022.
    Participating Avios partners include British Airways flights, Marriott International European locations, Avis and Heathrow Express. See participating locations for Marriott here. For Avis, Offer only valid online at http://www.avis.co.uk and http://www.carhire-ba.com.

Got this one too, + have 2 Marriott offers expiring 28/2:

1) 50 Back when you spend 200 or more
    2) 100 back when you spend 400 or more

PB1 5 posts

I have a spend £1,000 get 2,000 Avios offer on my BAPP this morning – it might be worth seeing if anyone else has something similar.

We have it, note it is for “Participating Avios partners include British Airways flights, Marriott International European locations, Avis and Heathrow Express. See participating locations for Marriott here. For Avis, Offer only valid online at http://www.avis.co.uk and http://www.carhire-ba.com.”

If I recall for Platinium insurance to be valid you have to pay for the flights with the card? This means the only upcoming expense eligible I can’t actually use this card for!

My understanding is that Platinum insurance is valid if you pay for the flight on any Amex card – I’ve always put my BA flights on my BAPP because you earn three times as many Avios as you would on the Platinum card.

If you hold a Centurion or Platinum Amex and any other Amex card e.g. BA and use that then you are still covered by the insurance of the highest level Amex card you have whether it be Centurion, Platinum or Gold, ALSO NOTE that IF you purchase a holiday or flight e.t.c. from a company/retailer that DO NOT accept Amex and can prove that, then you are STILL insured, for belt and braces get something in writing from the company/retailer stating they do not accept Amex.

I use a concierge service who have a travel team, they don’t accept Amex as they are clients of a bank that has their own Centurion type Mastercard which they want to be used, so I am always covered by Amex Insurance.

Leigh 30 posts

On BA card: Spend £179 or more, get £45 back. The Economist Subscriptions.

BuildBackBetter 705 posts

Sofitel £80 off on £400 spend – on BAPP. Just 5 hotels in Europe though.

Andrew. 482 posts

10% – Morrisons
    5% – Marks Electrical

The Morrisons offer is pretty ubiquitous though, so PAW members would be better off using their visa or MasterCard offers to stack first.

MKB 71 posts

I had (1) saved on a BA Amex. But, now I’ve spent the £200, the offer has vanished from the list of Saved ones and has not triggered any cashback. I have lost the will to keep fighting Amex. Their IT and Customer Service are both useless.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    Youllnever 182 posts

I had (1) saved on a BA Amex. But, now I’ve spent the £200, the offer has vanished from the list of Saved ones and has not triggered any cashback. I have lost the will to keep fighting Amex. Their IT and Customer Service are both useless.

Unfortunately the process these days is once you’ve saved the offer to your card, make sure you screenshot this and save it up until the points/cash is credited back to your account.

Andrew J 769 posts

The Qantas offer as discussed yesterday seems to have expired already – showing expiry date of 9th Feb, but the T&Cs say 8th March. Very strange as it only appeared 2 days ago.

Meanwhile though 10% at Morrisons and 5% at LNER have appeared which are probably more useful anyway.

Andrew. 482 posts

10% at LNER (Don’t forget to stack with Nectar 10pts/£ at Nectar Connect).

5% Curry’s on transactions over £100 every time.

Andrew J 769 posts

And remember that the Amex LNER offer can be used for any National Rail ticket purchase – not just LNER services.

Carlos 758 posts

Looking to get the new iPhone but is a £30 saving worth it over John Lewis’s extra year warranty? hmm

Andrew J 769 posts

Looking to get the new iPhone but is a £30 saving worth it over John Lewis’s extra year warranty? hmm

Has anyone ever claimed on their iPhone warranty?

SteveJ 978 posts

The Qantas offer as discussed yesterday seems to have expired already – showing expiry date of 9th Feb, but the T&Cs say 8th March. Very strange as it only appeared 2 days ago.

Meanwhile though 10% at Morrisons and 5% at LNER have appeared which are probably more useful anyway.

My Platinum has only 7% at Morrisons, whereas my BAPP has 10%.

Platinum card holders getting the short straw!

Cranzle 272 posts

I have noticed that my Platinum regularly has worsen offers than my Amex Marriott and BAPP cards

Andrew J 769 posts

10% on my platinum.

Charles Martel 124 posts

BA Accelerating Business: Fairmont Hotels and Resorts – Spend £500 get £75 back. Participating locations: Fairmont Monte Carlo (Monaco), Fairmont Grand (Geneva), Fairmont Le Montreux Palace (Montreux), Fairmont St Andrews (KY16), The Savoy (WC2R).

I think I will pass.

soloflyer1977 16 posts

10% on my platinum.

A low 5% at Morrisons on my free BA amex card (previously it has been 10%, sometimes 5%). Better than nothing I guess…

Andrew J 769 posts

I have noticed that my Platinum regularly has worsen offers than my Amex Marriott and BAPP cards

Depends how often you use the card I think. I stopped using my platinum for a couple of months to get my 2for1 on my BAPP over the line and the offers on platinum dried up a bit, now I’m back using it the offers are coming back.

MattB 261 posts

Has anyone ever claimed on their iPhone warranty?

My wife claimed on a 1yr 11month old iphone at John Lewis for a stuck button, and got a brand new one back.

Charles Martel 124 posts

10% on my platinum.

I have 5% off at Morrison on my BA Accelerating Business, nothing on my BAPP or ARCC. I think I’m being punished for tearing the ass out of it every time, until now it’s always stacked with Virgin Shops Away for an additional 8FC/£1 too.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.