Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express Amex / PayPal cashback offer

• brummatt 8 posts

Sorry if this question has already been answered – does this work on supplementary cards? I’ve used my offer, but my wife has a £15 off £70. I have a supplementary card on her account – would that also work to trigger the £15?

Rich_A 92 posts

Sorry if this question has already been answered – does this work on supplementary cards? I’ve used my offer, but my wife has a £15 off £70. I have a supplementary card on her account – would that also work to trigger the £15?

You need to save and use it on the specific card.

So if she has saved it on her card, she can use it.

You need to log in to your supp account and save it on your card if you want to use it.

brummatt 8 posts

Thanks – really appreciate the helpful response!

Gin123 10 posts

Yes, did wonder how on earth we need to have six pages on how to spend £100 via PayPal.

But for some of us it is 11 (or more) X 3 X £70, but still not difficult as long as Wishcard comes through!

Did you have any issues redeeming wishcard gift cards? I tried and all said card not activated. Bought mine 2 weeks ago.

mark2 128 posts

Did you have any issues redeeming wishcard gift cards? I tried and all said card not activated. Bought mine 2 weeks ago.

I have bought Wishcard using three different amex. Bought Morrisons, Waitrose and Amazon.
    All used with no problem.

moody 38 posts

Yes, did wonder how on earth we need to have six pages on how to spend £100 via PayPal.

But for some of us it is 11 (or more) X 3 X £70, but still not difficult as long as Wishcard comes through!

I had this issue – contacted their customer services and they were activated within 2-3 days.

Reney 768 posts

On player 2’s nectar card I had the spend £70 get back 15 offer (up to 3 times). I have used it 3 times, the first time paid out just fine. The second time it has been more than a week, and the third time was only a few days ago so I could give Amex time. When I went to check my offers, it disappeared, it is not in the saved section (which is where I expected it to be) or the unsaved list (checked just in case). In the used list it has the name of the retailer for where the first transaction was made i.e. not Paypal.

Does anyone else have a similar experience? Feels like a call to Amex is in my future.

hugo r 282 posts

I made a purchase for £100 on eBay using PayPal 2 weeks ago, offer already saved however no credit . I called Amex and was told eBay transactions do not count , is this true ? If not how can I get the credit from Amex ?

tw33ty 187 posts

I bought from eBay and my £100 offer tracked and paid out.

John 1,000 posts

All of mine have been on ebay. You definitely went via paypal, right? If your amex number is saved it’s very easy to accidentally forget to click on paypal and just click pay directly on ebay. I did it myself (and obviously that time it didn’t qualify).

squawk 10 posts

I’m late to this party, and seem to have missed this offer. Does it apply to all Amex cards, or do I have to register? I can’t see it listed in my current offers, so perhaps I’ve missed it or it was never offered to me.

Reney 768 posts

I’m late to this party, and seem to have missed this offer. Does it apply to all Amex cards, or do I have to register? I can’t see it listed in my current offers, so perhaps I’ve missed it or it was never offered to me.

It is the type of offer that you need to register for. If you can’t see it in your list of current offers and you have not already saved it (look in your saved offers) then you have certainly missed it or was never offered it .

Reney 768 posts

On player 2’s nectar card I had the spend £70 get back 15 offer (up to 3 times). I have used it 3 times, the first time paid out just fine. The second time it has been more than a week, and the third time was only a few days ago so I could give Amex time. When I went to check my offers, it disappeared, it is not in the saved section (which is where I expected it to be) or the unsaved list (checked just in case). In the used list it has the name of the retailer for where the first transaction was made i.e. not Paypal.

Does anyone else have a similar experience? Feels like a call to Amex is in my future.

update: I didn’t get around to calling but both credit has turned up. They were being slower than usual it seems.

Maples 194 posts

Does anyone know if refunds cancel out the £20 for the £100 PayPal offer?

I’ve ordered a few things to hit past £100 spent (cumulatively) and will be returning some items. Once I return the items, it should still keep me above £100 spent cumulatively. Getting a voucher refund isn’t possible.

Reney 768 posts

Does anyone know if refunds cancel out the £20 for the £100 PayPal offer?

I’ve ordered a few things to hit past £100 spent (cumulatively) and will be returning some items. Once I return the items, it should still keep me above £100 spent cumulatively. Getting a voucher refund isn’t possible.

I got a refund a week ago and they have not crawl back the cashback yet. Others said that will happen but you can re do the spend.

Maples 194 posts

I got a refund a week ago and they have not crawl back the cashback yet. Others said that will happen but you can re do the spend.

That’s nice, thanks.

Rui N. 831 posts

Be aware that it is unlikely you could re-do the spending. Offers do not pop up back in if they are clawed back due to refunds.

Reney 768 posts

Be aware that it is unlikely you could re-do the spending. Offers do not pop up back in if they are clawed back due to refunds.

pls see 4th comment on page 1

https://www.headforpoints.com/2022/09/13/paypal-american-express-cashback-deal/comment-page-1/#comments

DevonDiamond 71 posts

Did my final BT spend today, unlike my others I’ve not had an email from Amex, but really it’s the cashback we want not the email. Let’s see what happens over the next few days, it’s usually taken a few days to show the cashback on the app.

elguiri 215 posts

LNER accepts PayPal. I know I still have some 5% offers on cards, but I wasn’t going to be able to use up the PayPal offer across all my cards in time.

Also John Lewis accepts them too. Got a nest protect and they gave me a free nest hub too. Not bad for £80 net spend.

DarrenS 91 posts

They have popped back on two cards for me and since reused.

mark2 128 posts

Paypal can be used to buy ladies apparel from Seasalt Cornwall and Mona. statement credit same date as purchase.

pureshtuyot 37 posts

Is there any way of buying eBay John Lewis ao or Argos vouchers using paypal?

mark2 128 posts

On https://www.paypal.com/uk/gifts/all buy Access All, use to buy Sainsbury’s gift cards which gives a wide choice including JLP and Amazon.
    A bit of a faff but you get 21% back + Nectar!

gtellez 162 posts

On https://www.paypal.com/uk/gifts/all buy Access All, use to buy Sainsbury’s gift cards which gives a wide choice including JLP and Amazon.
    A bit of a faff but you get 21% back + Nectar!

How do you buy the Amazon GCs? Do you need to go to a physical store or can be done online?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.