Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express Amex / PayPal cashback offer

• CarpalTravel 363 posts

God knows why you lot just can’t do natural spend between now and the end of October, such as overpaying your BT bills etc to the value of the offers. Why complicate it by attempting dodgy payments that may not work or get you closed down? There is absolutely no need for all that nonsense with this offer.

This. ^^

What a waste of effort and unnecessary risk, especially when factoring in just how many places accept Paypal.

https://www.finder.com/uk/online-stores-accept-paypal

Still 87 days, loads of time to make use of it via normal spending, before having to consider alternatives.

JDB 4,371 posts

God knows why you lot just can’t do natural spend between now and the end of October, such as overpaying your BT bills etc to the value of the offers. Why complicate it by attempting dodgy payments that may not work or get you closed down? There is absolutely no need for all that nonsense with this offer.

Yes, did wonder how on earth we need to have six pages on how to spend £100 via PayPal.

mark2 127 posts

Yes, did wonder how on earth we need to have six pages on how to spend £100 via PayPal.

But for some of us it is 11 (or more) X 3 X £70, but still not difficult as long as Wishcard comes through!

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    BuildBackBetter 705 posts

What’s the fun in that?

Having said that, I topped up BT 😎

Toaster 104 posts

Natural spend? The only retailer I regularly use who accept Paypal is Ocado. I have 12 x £70 spends to get the maximum benefit from this offer.
    If I can buy some gift cards to use at a later date that would certainly be useful.

Harrier25 852 posts

Natural spend? The only retailer I regularly use who accept Paypal is Ocado. I have 12 x £70 spends to get the maximum benefit from this offer.
    If I can buy some gift cards to use at a later date that would certainly be useful.

Good for you, but I think gift cards can be classed as natual spend in this instance. At least you’re not attempting to send £100 to your pet dog via F&F!

sm 178 posts

Morning. Purchased some stuff using PayPal on boots.com and Decathalon online. However the payment doesn’t reflect it was paid by PayPal on the AMEX statement? Do you think this might not trick of the offer?

Toaster 104 posts

Are the transactions actually on the statement or in pending? If pending, they change to PAYPAL *BOOTS after some time.

willie 22 posts

I done 3x F&F but never got any triggering it. I wonder if they ‘closed’ that method as people defo got ones awarded at the beginning of the offer

I’m not too sure about that:

I have F&F transactions from the 11th July that haven’t credited, but…
    later F&F transactions from the 17th of July have credited.

There seems to be no rhyme or reason to it.

mark2 127 posts

There seems to be no rhyme or reason to it.

Spot on!

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    willie 22 posts

Another data point – a F&F transaction from yesterday (5th August) has just had a ‘used your Paypal offer email’.

So no idea why the 11th July transactions haven’t been detected / credited.

sm 178 posts

@toaster ah yes you’re right. They’ve moved from pending and now marked as Paypal. Thank you!

Mbaldrick 38 posts

@mark2
    I have now completed my purchase of gift cards from WISHCARD using PayPal.
    The list of available cards is here https://redeem.mywishcard.co.uk/
    They are mostly the usual suspects but I don’t think you usually see Amazon, IKEA or Virgin with 20% statement credit.
    You have to buy in multiples of £25 so buy £75 for the PayPal offer. You get a code to choose your gift card almost immediately but they say that it can take up to 24 to be validated. In fact it took 36 hours from Saturday 2200 until Monday 1100 but that was over the weekend (it is in Germany).
    I bought £50 John Lewis/Waitrose and there web site confirms to balance and £25 Amazon which I have added to my account.
    My view is that it is a bit clunky but worth it for 20%!

I agree, took me a little bit of searching to find this site and post it initially. Similarly, I bought 2*50 GCs to trigger the offer

Did you get the Amex Credit on the spend £70 get £20 credit offer when you puchased via WishCard? Many thanks, Michele…

mark2 127 posts

Did you get the Amex Credit on the spend £70 get £20 credit offer when you puchased via WishCard? Many thanks, Michele…

As others have reported the statement credits are still conspicuous by their absence, but someone said that they got an email (which in my experience with Shop Small) varies according to the card used to purchase.

duggie1982 261 posts

A few of my cards have the £20 for £100 one time. I used my goldcard and gor £20 for a ticketmaster spend last month and went to do another i checked my offers (as have it on a few) and used my gold card again but realised that was the card i used last month but to late just done another. The offer is still showing on my account so fingers crossed i get another

Bill 169 posts

£100.55 spent on 1 August at Beerhawk. £20 credited on 7 August

polly 289 posts

@Mark2

I couldn’t find JL/Waitrose cards on their page, got Morrisons and Amazon

mark2 127 posts

@Mark2

I couldn’t find JL/Waitrose cards on their page, got Morrisons and Amazon

Indeed they have disappeared since I bought on 23rd and 26th July. I have paused until statement credit received.

You can buy JLP at Morrisons using a gift card; I have done this many times for Morrison’s offers.

Ruralite 25 posts

I’ve had no issues with mine at all and all credits prompt. £20 on Gold Amex credited 2 days after a cumulative payment to bring spend up to £100 & so far today 2 x £15 credits on my BA card for Vision Express and Sportshoes.com purchases I made on Saturday 6th. All purchases show as PayPal* followed by the retailers name when debiting.
    Not sure why but on my Gold card the £100 credit (separate offer) for a Tui spend showed as Thomson, the old name before Tui, but via PayPal a debit for them shows as PayPal *Tui – but both still paid out.

polly 289 posts

@Mark2
    Yes, I did wonder about JLP, when l saw you had got them. However, the M route is just fine, and getting their cards ok and Amazon crediting. So that will do just fine. Will use them for petrol also at M. V useful getting 20% off diesel atm.

pureshtuyot 37 posts

If I say buy a computer from ACER using PayPal with a card that has the £15 off £75 spend and my purchase is £500+ do I get all 3 offers in one fell swoop?

polly 289 posts

If I say buy a computer from ACER using PayPal with a card that has the £15 off £75 spend and my purchase is £500+ do I get all 3 offers in one fell swoop?

No, sadly, unless you opt for the x 3 payments plan PP offer?

Reney 764 posts

Does the paypal pay in 3 work with a credit card? The T&Cs talk about a debit card. Have a £300 thing to buy would be great if can make it work. It looks like would affect your credit file thou. And does not work for all retailers.

polly 289 posts

Topping up bt £70 every week for a few weeks here. Can’t do any more bills, on PP sadly.

Reney 764 posts

Ok just tried to set up a paypal pay in 3, it defo asks for a debit card.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.