Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express Amex / PayPal cashback offer

• Supergers49 225 posts

£100.55 spent on 1 August at Beerhawk. £20 credited on 7 August

Thanks Bill, I’d forgot BH take PayPal. When the Oktoberfestbier kegs coming soon, I think I’ve found use for my statement credits.

Ingking 38 posts

I triggered the cashback on my ba amex. (Spend 100 get 20 back) I then returned the item and they rescinded the statement credit. Anyone have any idea if I can use it again?

shub 86 posts

I triggered the cashback on my ba amex. (Spend 100 get 20 back) I then returned the item and they rescinded the statement credit. Anyone have any idea if I can use it again?

Yes, should be fine. Next eligible purchase will trigger the offer again.

Dobtastic 4 posts

I spent £100 in one transaction on wishcard vouchers using PayPal, to trigger the £20 off £100 offer on my BA Amex. Transaction was on 2nd August and posted on the 4th August.

No credit showing so far, should I chase with Amex?

How long have other people that triggered the £20 off £100 offer had to wait before the credit appears?

Andrew J 769 posts

I spent £100 in one transaction on wishcard vouchers using PayPal, to trigger the £20 off £100 offer on my BA Amex. Transaction was on 2nd August and posted on the 4th August.

No credit showing so far, should I chase with Amex?

How long have other people that triggered the £20 off £100 offer had to wait before the credit appears?

Can be up to 90 days after the offer closes. I usually wait a month then chase but there’s often still a further lengthy wait.

mark2 126 posts

I spent £100 in one transaction on wishcard vouchers using PayPal

This is strange. I have made three purchases on the 70/15 offer from 23rd July and no statement credits yet.
    Another Paypal purchase (two water butts in case it rains again) the credit had the same date as the purchase.

polly 287 posts

No credit from my BT top up either..but all F and F have paid up.

moody 38 posts

Have just been told wishcard is not a participating retailer by amex chat. Told them this makes no sense, the retailer is PayPal. They have raised an escalation….

moody 38 posts

I’d be wary of spending at wishcard – I ordered £75 worth of gift cards with the 15 off 70 offer. It didn’t track, I contacted amex who advised checking back in a week. Today, I’ve been told that the merchant isn’t participating and I should have checked with wishcard before purchasing. This obviously makes no sense. Currently making a complaint…

polly 287 posts

Then what about our BT tops ups, ferries, hotels, etc all booked via PP? Are we to check all if they’re participating or not. Such rubbish. It’s PP that’s the merchant accepting our Amex payments… this is not how Amex offers are supposed to pan out.. think there will be a lot of complaints on this one….

polly 287 posts

Plus, Amex has the credit agreement with PP, not the individual merchants.. baloney

Toaster 104 posts

Previous comment indicates wishcard is included

3rd August 2022 at 18:22
    PIL
    Mine triggered with wishcard within 3 days. It is worth chasing that up with them I believe

Aside from this, why are people purchasing £75 from wishcard to qualify for the spend £70?

15 + 15 + 15 + 25 = 70

Reney 755 posts

@Moody, when you said did not track. What do you mean by that?

1. No confirmation email from amex? I have yet to receive one but all the ones i expect to pay out have.
    2. The transaction posted but it does not say paypal in front of company name
    3. no credit appears after a sufficient amount of time (for me about a week at the moment)

Harrier25 849 posts

Then what about our BT tops ups, ferries, hotels, etc all booked via PP? Are we to check all if they’re participating or not. Such rubbish. It’s PP that’s the merchant accepting our Amex payments… this is not how Amex offers are supposed to pan out.. think there will be a lot of complaints on this one….

This is the usual Amex ‘we have no idea what we’re talking about’ bulls**t. Both my BT topups have paid out just fine.

mark2 126 posts

PIL
    Mine triggered with wishcard within 3 days. It is worth chasing that up with them I believe

Aside from this, why are people purchasing £75 from wishcard to qualify for the spend £70?

15 + 15 + 15 + 25 = 70

So that I get two vouchers rather than four.

peckishpassport 44 posts

IIRC, don’t offers disappear off the ‘Saved to Card’ tab once redeemed?

I triggered the offer on both the Primary and Supplementary card, and account has already been credited but I still see the offer under ‘Saved to card’.

Toaster 104 posts

PIL

15 + 15 + 15 + 25 = 70

So that I get two vouchers rather than four.

You could take that further and buy one for £150. I suppose it’s a trade off between admin (redeeming extra codes/vouchers) and not getting any extra reward for the money spent over £70.

mark2 126 posts

IIRC, don’t offers disappear off the ‘Saved to Card’ tab once redeemed?

I triggered the offer on both the Primary and Supplementary card, and account has already been credited but I still see the offer under ‘Saved to card’.

Is it an offer on £70 spend which you can use three times?

moody 38 posts

@Moody, when you said did not track. What do you mean by that?

1. No confirmation email from amex? I have yet to receive one but all the ones i expect to pay out have.
    2. The transaction posted but it does not say paypal in front of company name
    3. no credit appears after a sufficient amount of time (for me about a week at the moment)

No confirmation received, it does say Paypal in front of the retailers name but no credit has appeared. A transaction at another retailer prompted an email even before the retailer emailed to confirm the purchase. Let’s see what happens.

Read2go 9 posts

Has anyone seen the cumulative spend work on £15 off £70 spend yet?

List 26 posts

I think it’s a myth. Certainly works on 100/20 but so far nothing on the 70/15. 14 days & counting and no credit. The 100/20 cumulative paid out in 5 days. My first 70/15 in 1 transaction paid out in 7 days.

Tubbs 38 posts

PIL

15 + 15 + 15 + 25 = 70

It looks like the total purchased is not aggregated in any way. So you end up with 3x £15 vouchers where the number of retailers against which the voucher can be redeemed is one! If there is a way of aggregating the purchases I would like to know.

Maples 182 posts

I just wish this offer was on my Gold card and not solely on my cashback card that I no longer use. I don’t think there’s anything I’ll be spending worth £100 in one go but it’s nice to know that cumulative spending counts.

I also don’t get any email communications for the Gold card, which is weird.

mark2 126 posts

It looks like the total purchased is not aggregated in any way. So you end up with 3x £15 vouchers where the number of retailers against which the voucher can be redeemed is one! If there is a way of aggregating the purchases I would like to know.

Each voucher is added to the basket and the total charged to PayPal.

In other news I have successfully bought ‘Access All’ card from PayPalGiftCards, used it to buy a Sainsbury’s gift card and then gone to Sains and used the card to buy Waitrose gift cards. A bit of a faff but if you do a few hundred pounds it’s worth it (to me). They also had Amazon.

Blindman67 136 posts

I think it’s a myth. Certainly works on 100/20 but so far nothing on the 70/15. 14 days & counting and no credit. The 100/20 cumulative paid out in 5 days. My first 70/15 in 1 transaction paid out in 7 days.

Same here, first £70/15 paid out. second (£15 +£65) nada.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.