Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other Destination advice Amex Platinum Insurance for Thailand Test&Go Pass?

• Rhys
    HfP Staff
    189 posts

Does anyone know/have experience of whether Amex Platinum travel insurance is accepted by Thailand Pass? I know there’s a 50,000USD insurance requirement.

Amex Platinum has £2 million in medical cover so I assume it will be fine but thought I’d see if anyone had any experience….

https://www.americanexpress.com/content/dam/amex/uk/benefits/UK-Platinum-insurance-documentation-July21.pdf

shilly 111 posts

We went to Thailand in December and used the platinum travel insurance. You can download the insurance docs from your Amex account but that doesn’t show the amount of coverage etc so we contacted Axa who understood we needed the insurance amount and our names actually on a piece of paper to forward for our Thailand passes and they emailed them to me that day. Enjoy your trip!!

Rhys
    HfP Staff
    189 posts

Fab, thank you! Just wanted to double check. Where/how did you contact AXA?

shilly 111 posts

I called them through the Amex platinum card insurance general number and asked to be put through to someone who could help me, all very quick.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.