Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other London life Using Amex restaurant credit in London

• Rory 9 posts

Hello!
    I’m headed down to London for a night, and want to take my mum out for dinner whilst using my Amex Plat £150 credit.
    After looking through their Chinese Restaurants, it looks like Hakkasan, Tattu or Park Chinois are the 3 that have availability.

Anyone have any thoughts / opinions on the above?

Cheers!
    Rory

StanTheMan 217 posts

Park Chinois is the pick of the bunch. But £150 wont touch the sides in there….. Hakkasan is comfortably in second place.

I’d consider Ivy Asia for a decent bang for your buck.

can 506 posts

Hakkasan is the best and elegant with one michelin star.
    We’ve been there before so we went to Yauatcha (if I am not spelling wrong). Easier prices and formerly one-star holder. Same founder.
    I couldn’t complain. It was very nice too.

ohooper 3 posts

Sabor, without a shadow of a doubt, if they still take it?

Michael C 667 posts

Sabor, without a shadow of a doubt, if they still take it?

I love Sabor – we go every 6 weeks or so – but have to admit their offer of Chinese food is a little wanting!!

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,198 posts

Having mislaid the kids, my wife and I went to Sushi Samba in Covent Garden for Sunday lunch last weekend. The food was surprisingly good and I would recommend. Not busy either. £206 with the only alcohol being one cocktail.

modestpointscollector 64 posts

Not on your shortlist but another +1 – Went to Yauatcha at Broadgate circle last month and had the Harmony set menu. It was much larger than I was expecting and despite the high price tag I thought it offered reasonable value for money. We took half of it home with us and had it for dinner the next evening!

dbbs 23 posts

Going to Hakkassan Mayfair for the first time today, very excited! Although the £150 deposit from two weeks ago hasn’t triggered the £30 on £150 spend offer yet. Maybe they literally mean ‘in-store’. Although, looking at the prices, between three of us I’m sure we will spend another £150 over and above the deposit…

Reney 768 posts

I went to NOBU last week, credit not paid out yet (hoping I won’t have to chase!). The food was good, but it was much more expensive than some of the options quoted here. It was my birthday and my bestie and I thought let’s try Nobu once. We won’t be going back purely cause of price.

We went to both Hakkasan and Yauatcha before, you are more likely to stay within the £150 limit there and still order whatever you like. Both the food is good, I’m just not really a fusion Chinese food person. Ivy Asia is probably next on my list.

Is Hungtong in the Shard still on the amex list? I have not gone in years but recall the food is good plus you get to go up the shard.

dbbs 23 posts

Not sure if you were responding to my post but thanks Reney anyway!

On the last train home after Hakkassan, fantastic meal (Wagyu Sirloin to die for). Spent £230 per person but with about four alcoholic drinks each.

I’ve eaten at Ivy Asia Kings Road Chelsea last year which was very good. But Hakkassan a level above

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.