Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes Marriott Bonvoy Another new Marriott in Inverness

• tw33ty 186 posts

After years of the only points earning main chain in Inverness being the torrid hie, the city seems to be on a roll.

First the Marriott courtyard at the airport, and the Radisson.

Coming soon an ac by Marriott is opening.

Nice to see the chain are finally opening more in the further afield places I have to work.

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,199 posts

Thanks. Let us know when it opens.

David 15 posts

That’s great news.
    I wonder if this has anything to do with the shelving of the £40M Dundee AC hotel as part of the multi million pound waterfront redevelopment? I was really looking forward to that one as it was in a prime location on the waterfront next to the V&A, and would be Dundee’s first Marriott. The daft council has decided tourists won’t come due to covid and have turned the new building (site 6) into offices! Dundee desperately needs some good 4* hotels. The only Hilton is just a Hampton. Dundee’s loss is Inverness’s gain!

Jill Kinkell 154 posts

The new Marriott AC in Inverness is beside the river Ness and a lot of rooms will face a nice outlook. One side looks onto a bridge and hopefully rooms are well soundproofed!

RonnieB 288 posts

That’s great news.
    I wonder if this has anything to do with the shelving of the £40M Dundee AC hotel as part of the multi million pound waterfront redevelopment? I was really looking forward to that one as it was in a prime location on the waterfront next to the V&A, and would be Dundee’s first Marriott. The daft council has decided tourists won’t come due to covid and have turned the new building (site 6) into offices! Dundee desperately needs some good 4* hotels. The only Hilton is just a Hampton. Dundee’s loss is Inverness’s gain!

That’s more likely because Dundee is now well over provided with by hotels, the new Hampton you mention is very nice, the Doubletree at Bullionfield, the Malmaison, The nice Indigo and Staybridge, the Apex, along with all the Premier Inns etc, you’d be mad to open another mid tier hotel.

chrism20 89 posts

Have they started on the Hampton by the Bus Station yet?

David 15 posts

Last week Highland Council finally granted planning permission for a new £30 million Courtyard by Marriott hotel on Academy Street.
    This will be the third Marriott hotel in the area.

BJ 657 posts

Posted this a week ago. It’s taking cash bookings from late January. No word on points/category yet but I doubt less than 4 given Inverness rates most of the year. I tried calling the number to ask but goes to a Vodafone voicemail, perhaps Rob or Rhys can get a response as Press. Prices available to book at the moment are excellent. Mercure will not be happy, their £350 gravy train may be over, let’s see.

https://www.headforpoints.com/forums/topic/ac-hotel-inverness/

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.