Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes Marriott Bonvoy Autograph Collection Glasshouse

• Angelamc11 195 posts

Booked into the Glasshouse Autograph in Edinburgh. We were given 2 drinks vouchers for being Titanium. Unfortunately they wouldn’t accept them for cocktails, but that’s okay.

We were given $10 each for the stay as there is no lounge, as we staying 2 days, I thought this should be 2 vouchers each, but they said no.

We are entitled to a continental breakfast and can pay the £10 each to upgrade to the cooked breakfast.

Does this sound right? Just seems mean compared to other Marriott hotels we have stayed at.

E 92 posts

Last year they did accept the drinks vouchers for cocktails so sounds like that’s changed.

During my stays over the last few years their breakfast benefit has always only been a continental breakfast. The continental did include freshly made porridge though so that was a hot option. I’ve never challenged it as I’m not that bothered with anything other than cereal, fruit and toast. Hard to know if it’s ‘right’ or not as Bonvoy just says it’s breakfast which can be one of the benefits and they don’t specify full breakfast or just continental.

I stayed at another Autograph hotel (in Granada in Spain) where the hotel also said it was only continental breakfast allowed with the benefit, and a charge for anything cooked. And they virtually stood over us at the buffet table to make sure we didn’t take any hot items!

I can’t think of any other hotels that differentiated but with Bonvoy’s phrasing it’d probably be hard to argue, and taking anything to Bonvoy customer services is pretty pointless these days as they always seem to side with the hotel.

Karl 47 posts

Sounds like they may have got a bit stingy in recent times.

I stayed in August 21 (mid-Covid but Edinburgh was still relatively busy). Booked the cheapest room and as Plat got an upgrade to one of those rooms at the front with a huge balcony, full breakfast and two drinks (including cocktails).

Quite often staff are unaware of precise benefit details. I had to speak to three people and get the T+Cs up on my phone at the Slough Moxy before anybody would believe that there’s a F+B credit of $10pppn.

Angelamc11 195 posts

We went for breakfast yesterday, but the offerings were poor. 1 cereal choice of what looked like yellow pack cornflakes. We waited patiently while staff phoned to check we were entitled to the continental breakfast as it wasn’t on her sheet lol. Husband ended up upgrading to cooked food and I had pastries and fruit.

Today we didn’t bother with any of their breakfast and went to Wetherspoons next door, breakfast here is good and a fraction of the price. It’s only my second time in a Wetherspoons and the £1.35 refillable cappuccino is impressive. I’ve drank countless cappuccinos at £4.50 from the hotel.

Peggerz 100 posts

Probably for the cost of your breakfast upgrade to full cooked, come out the Glasshouse, turn right and go to Valvona & Crolla on Elm Row (5 mins walk). This is the finest Italian deli in the UK and the café through the back is very good.

Angelamc11 195 posts

Probably for the cost of your breakfast upgrade to full cooked, come out the Glasshouse, turn right and go to Valvona & Crolla on Elm Row (5 mins walk). This is the finest Italian deli in the UK and the café through the back is very good.

Thanks for the suggestion 🙂

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.