Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Avios and tier points from partner airlines

• mel5454 3 posts

Hi,
    I am sure this is a very simple question, but I do not appear to be able to get a straight answer from the BA team.
    Next year, for my wife’s “big” birthday, I am going to take her from UK to Hawaii, flying in to Kona Airport KOA.
    BA do not recognise KOA on its booking system, so I have looked at partner airlines and see that Alaska Airlines flies from Seattle and American fly from Los Angeles.
    I know that if I fly on a partner airline which has a BA codeshare flight number, then the Avios and Tier points are allocated, but what is the situation if I fly on either Alaska or American on a flight which does not have a BA codeshare – am I still eligible for points?
    Thanks for any guidance

Mel

PeteM 724 posts
    NorthernLass 7,933 posts

What a fantastic birthday trip.
    You definitely get TPs – you need to make sure you credit them to BAEC account though. There should be plenty of info online about this.
    I don’t know if different airlines award different numbers of avios, but recent changes to earning rates may make this a secondary consideration anyway.

NorthernLass 7,933 posts
    BA Flyer IHG Stayer 2,169 posts

I have just tried in the website and app and both not only accepted “KOA” as a destination both also gave me flight options.

mel5454 3 posts

Hi

Many thanks for helpful comments

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.