Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club BA 241 Voucher expiring April 2022

• jayjay 74 posts

Hey all!

Unfortunately I missed the chance to book a journey using my 241 voucher expiring in Apr 2022, and based on BA rules it seems like its a use it or lose it scenario now.

I’ve read BA have started refunding flights which were converted to FTV’s on time (and also extending the 241 Voucher to 2023), however I believe I wouldn’t be eligible for this anymore?

Is anyone else in the same situation? What are you doing about it?
    I was hoping to reach out to BA to see if they could extend it but not sure how likely that’s going to be now.

Thanks!

Cranzle 272 posts

Unfortunately there’s nothing you can do. Use it or lose it.

Reaching out to BA will be a waste of your time.

FFoxSake 217 posts

Ditto. One unused voucher expiring early May.
    But that’s on me, I didn’t want to lock in a companion name with the “dummy booking/FTV shuffle”. In hindsight I should have done so.

Now it’s use it or lose it. Probably the latter.
    A First World problem. No point me stressing about it.

NorthernLass 7,573 posts

Can you not even squeeze in a CE trip somewhere over Easter or the early May bank holiday?

Michael C 671 posts

We did a daytrip to Paris with one!
    Overnighter in Copenhagen was also easypeasy and lovely.

NorthernLass 7,573 posts

That sounds like fun, Michael – unfortunately such trips would be a complete nightmare to do from MAN 😂 Though we’re using the last Lloyds voucher for Easter weekend in Prague – returning direct to MAN on EJ means we have the whole of the last day to enjoy.

Aston100 1,388 posts

I’ve got one expiring March 2023 that I won’t be able to use
    I’m going to look at it as money saved.

jayjay 74 posts

Can you not even squeeze in a CE trip somewhere over Easter or the early May bank holiday?

Going to try squeeze one in… thinking Milan. Has anyone been? How many days would you recommend?

AJA 1,071 posts

I’ve got one expiring March 2023 that I won’t be able to use
    I’m going to look at it as money saved.

That’s a year away. Are you seriously saying you can’t use it, not even for a European break?

I just used my voucher expiring this month and am off to Lisbon on Monday – a nice 5 day break, plus got a great deal on a hotel too.

NorthernLass 7,573 posts

@jayjay, Milan fine if you like art, architecture, food and obscenely expensive shops!. 2/3 days should be enough unless you want to add other bits, like opera. Leonardo’s Last Supper is a bit of a must, even if you’re not a culture vulture – you’ll probably need to pre-book. The police are outrageous poseurs even by Italian standards with their leather accessories and designer shades. It can be quite chilly and wet so check the forecast.

If you like the macabre, the dessicated remains of St Ambrose can be viewed in one of the church crypts, a continental Catholic thing which always comes as a surprise to those who aren’t accustomed to that environment!

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    rashomon 75 posts

oh no! has there been a policy change with extending 2-4-1 via the FTV route?

I think I missed this 🙁

rashomon 75 posts

I have a 241 expiring in Dec 2022 and also have around 900 GBP in evouchers. So in light of these changes was thinking to use the 241 to fly to NYC in September – hopefully in CW.

Would I now be able to pay for the fees, etc for CW using evouchers? If not, I may as well scrub the idea of ever using the 241.

NorthernLass 7,573 posts

@rashomon, yes it’s gone now.

It depends what your evouchers were for. People seem to be generally getting told they can’t use them on 241 bookings (not sure how BA can justify that, tbh). A more successful route has been to use vouchers from BA Holiday cancellations, via email, but I don’t know if that would work with other kinds of FTVs.

rashomon 75 posts

my evouchers were in return for flights that got cancelled during the pandemic. In my mind, I see these as cash equivalents and would want to deploy these instead of paying more cash for any 241 booking,

I don’t think BA will play nicely though – tried a booking online and can’t see any way to apply evouchers on a 241 booking. Might give them a call tomorrow if I can get through to a human.

Worse case, I let the 241 expire and make use of the evouchers in some future flight – I’m seeing the evouchers effectively as money I have spent and the 241 is a voucher as something I earned but with no financial loss in not using it (apart from the Amex card fee of course!)

jayjay 74 posts

@jayjay, Milan fine if you like art, architecture, food and obscenely expensive shops!. 2/3 days should be enough unless you want to add other bits, like opera. Leonardo’s Last Supper is a bit of a must, even if you’re not a culture vulture – you’ll probably need to pre-book. The police are outrageous poseurs even by Italian standards with their leather accessories and designer shades. It can be quite chilly and wet so check the forecast.

If you like the macabre, the dessicated remains of St Ambrose can be viewed in one of the church crypts, a continental Catholic thing which always comes as a surprise to those who aren’t accustomed to that environment!

Thanks, super helpful – going to be working from there so I’ll probably only have the evenings to enjoy the city. There seem to be seats available for some other cities in Italy too, trying to debate where’s best to go considering its only 5-6PM onwards that I get to roam around.

jayjay 74 posts

Update: Booked a trip to Milan, hoping to do a day trip somewhere, maybe Lake Como/Garda? I’d appreciate any recommendations from my fellow travellers! 🙂

Sammy 15 posts

You can get a train to Lake Como from Milan train station, and then a ferry between the various towns at Lake Como. Defo recommend!

jayjay 74 posts

You can get a train to Lake Como from Milan train station, and then a ferry between the various towns at Lake Como. Defo recommend!

Thanks! Can this be done in 1 day?

FFoxSake 217 posts

Did eventually manage to squeeze in a 3-nighter in Athens. Lovely weather and a great city to explore on foot.

Also a really nice bonus on the return to LHR – we had a late switch of plane to a 787 with Club Suite, so got to enjoy that for a few hours too 🙂

NorthernLass 7,573 posts

That was a great result. I loved Athens and would definitely go again – we were a bit limited at the time as our son was four and point blank refused to climb any steps so we ended up taking it in turns to see the Acropolis!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.