Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express BA Amex card …. no auto transfer of Avios

• colinc57 40 posts

Made a mistake, took a direct offer for the free card thinking the “ new customer /24m rule did not apply.( had a live cashback card .. open due to waiting a merchant to refund- taking months, just sorted will will close). Hit the spend requirement and so far no bonus (no surprise) but also the earned avois not transferring. … they admit they have a problem.

Hmmm, Barclaycard looking more interesting for a couple of years.

SteveJ 979 posts

Had this numerous times with Amex recently. The BAEC number provided at initial registration is supposedly “rejected by BA” when they first try it. They of course don’t tell you that. You then need to call/chat with them and they’ll send to the back office to try again. Miraculously the 2nd time it works fine.

Their IT is becoming a shambles, I’m pretty sure it’s deliberate. Lots of examples here
    https://www.headforpoints.com/forums/topic/amex-offers-and-customer-service-gone-to-the-dogs/

Across 3 players over the last 6 months every single time the BAEC number provided when registering for the card has not been linked, and have had to provide the same number over chat for them to link it.

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,199 posts

My wife got a new BAPP in October and not a single point, or the 241, moved over yet. I have now resorted to using my connections at Amex to fix it, but no sign yet of any movement – potentially need to wait until next month to see what happens.

SteveJ 979 posts

@Rob did they ever follow up with you after you raised all the issues over your lunch meeting with them?

krautboy 56 posts

Had the same with my wife and another family member that I referred. Both provided BA exec number at reg but points not moved over.
    Other fam member spoke with amex and it then got linked and now points transferred.
    With my wife seems more complicated. At first name apparently not the same between BA and Amex. So we changed the name on Amex to match what it says with BA. Again apparently rejected by BA. I reviewed the names, and they are identical (my wife has a second sir name which was not on Amex before).
    We need to escalate again.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.