Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club BA flight delayed today BA0207

• hugo r 282 posts

At lhr at the mo should of departed at 09.40 on BA to Miami 0207 however still at the gate , saying delayed till 13.30 no reason given

Any idea why delayed as I can’t find out online

SamG 1,644 posts

delay code ZO in expertflyer which I think is a generic operational code. The aircraft is there but it positioned back empty from Dallas after a cancellation so perhaps it has a tech issue

A380s seem to be causing BA a real headache at the moment

hugo r 282 posts

Thanks my friend is coming back tomorrow from Miami on the ba0206 that’s delayed from 1700 till after 2000 presume using the same aircraft , frustrating that they make you check in for original time but wait around in the airport for hours on end

Guess won’t be able to claim comp for this flight today then

SamG 1,644 posts

They may still get an SMS advising check in will stay open – in the US stations it’s often the same team doing check in and boarding so no reason not to.

I’d say likely would be compensation eligible but depends on the exact reason for delay

NorthernLass 7,573 posts

Yes – technical issues generally make you eligible for compo, but you need to keep comprehensive notes and any evidence in case BA then tries to attribute the delay to something else, e.g. weather.

marks7389 425 posts

Thanks my friend is coming back tomorrow from Miami on the ba0206 that’s delayed from 1700 till after 2000 presume using the same aircraft

Today’s outbound will turn around and come back tonight. However in this case it is the same aircraft scheduled for tomorrow’s BA207/206 so it will have a knock-on effect on all of them unless that changes. The route is of a length where the same aircraft is often scheduled on consecutive days.

marks7389 425 posts

Today’s outbound will turn around and come back tonight. However in this case it is the same aircraft scheduled for tomorrow’s BA207/206 so it will have a knock-on effect on all of them unless that changes. The route is of a length where the same aircraft is often scheduled on consecutive days.

And it has now changed, so tomorrow’s flights are now showing on time.

Today’s BA207 didn’t leave until 16:06!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.