Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club BA route map for companion voucher use

• cfpl88 4 posts

Apologies, I’ve tried to use the search function but quite a generic topic with a specific request…

I’ve qualified for a companion voucher and given that I have to use a BA flight, I am struggling to see where I might be able to go.

Is there a reliable route map that shows only BA flights rather than partner airlines as well? We aren’t particularly concerned where we go but would like a browse of the options.

I am due to be in Rome end of September and ideally we could fly out of Rome to our destination, if that’s likely to work (via LGW/LHR or direct?).

Jacob 223 posts

One option is using Google Flights – select your origin, set the airline filter to BA and then destination as Europe or Asia (or whatever region you want). That should give you some idea. Obviously there must a be seat reward availability on the flights you want. From Rome it’ll be all via London, since BA has no fifth freedom route from Rome.

NorthernLass 7,463 posts

You’re going to be more limited if you’re only booking 3 months out. Reward Flight Finder has a paid option where you can search for multiple destinations with avios availability within a set date range – you might want to sign up for a month so you can use it. Probably easier than just searching for each destination individually which you’ll have to do otherwise.

*You’d need to search with London as your origin, and also check for availability from Rome to London separately. With the new BAPP voucher, though, you should be able to book ROME-LON-XXX in one go once you’ve picked where you’re going.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    memesweeper 1,242 posts

Flightconnections.com … then use the airlines dropdown, select BA and search. It will throw up an up to date route map, including routes that are only part-year or some-day operating. Click on the route to get the times and dates of flights for the route.

Seatspy.com also has a “where can I go” feature you may find helpful.

PointsChaser 36 posts

Apologies, I’ve tried to use the search function but quite a generic topic with a specific request…

I’ve qualified for a companion voucher and given that I have to use a BA flight, I am struggling to see where I might be able to go.

Is there a reliable route map that shows only BA flights rather than partner airlines as well? We aren’t particularly concerned where we go but would like a browse of the options.

I am due to be in Rome end of September and ideally we could fly out of Rome to our destination, if that’s likely to work (via LGW/LHR or direct?).

The HfP Avios chart will show you where you can go and how many Avios points are needed:

https://www.headforpoints.com/2022/06/03/how-many-avios-do-i-need-to-fly-to/

cfpl88 4 posts

Thanks all for the advice.

Getting a bit further thanks to all suggestions. Agreed re: availability, there are some potential destinations that could work.

For reference, I’ve not tried Reward Flight Finder yet but FlightConnections is really useful

EDIT: FCO flies only to LHR. If I were to land in LHR and transit to LGW on the same ticket, would I pay full taxes or would it be lower having departed Rome?

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    NorthernLass 7,463 posts

RFF and SeatSpy show award availability rather than just which routes BA flies. I’m not sure if you still get any free searches with either of them though. It might be worth signing up in the short term so you’re not having to search every flight individually on ba.com to see if there are any award seats.

Karl 47 posts

There’s a Wikipedia page called List of British Airways destinations that seems up-to-date. Also contains discontinued destinations which is quite interesting.

FFoxSake 217 posts

There’s a Wikipedia page called List of British Airways destinations that seems up-to-date. Also contains discontinued destinations which is quite interesting.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_British_Airways_destinations

memesweeper 1,242 posts

EDIT: FCO flies only to LHR. If I were to land in LHR and transit to LGW on the same ticket, would I pay full taxes or would it be lower having departed Rome?

Provided you can get your connection in within 24 hours you will not pay UK APD tax (even if it is overnight).

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.