Baggage fees on domestic AA avios redemptions
8th December 2023 at 12:11Si 32 posts
I’m looking at booking AA economy internal flights in the US next year with avios. Do these automatically include checked baggage? And if not, would they attract the ‘standard’ $40-ish fee for the first bag? And if they do attract a baggage fee, would this be charged per leg of the journey (like the avios element) on redemptions that include a 2-leg journey eg Boston – Buffalo, stopping in NYC, or just be charged once like the tax element?
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks8th December 2023 at 14:03LittleNick 104 posts
You typically pay at check in, usually a flat fee per bag $30-40 as you say. It should be for the entire journey so will be checked through to the final stop if all on one ticket.
If you have oneworld status (sapphire + emerald) these fees are voided9th December 2023 at 10:57Si 32 posts
That’s great, thanks for your help 👍
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Review: 100 Queen’s Gate, South Kensington: the last stop on my Hilton Curio hotel tour of London
New to Head for Points?
Welcome! We’re the UK’s most-read source of business travel, Avios, frequent flyer and hotel loyalty news. Let us improve how you travel. Got any questions? Ask them in our forums.
Latest Forum Posts
- zapato1060 on Amex Platinum (Personal) Fast Track at airports
- zapato1060 on BA Amex Premium Plus Pro rata refund question
- zapato1060 on Cancelled my Barclaycard Avios, but two years later it’s still active
- zapato1060 on Chat thread – Wednesday 21st February
- slidey on Thank you! Now please help plan my LA trip
- revkev7 on InterContinental Edinburgh – lounge and rooms
- yorkshireRich on Thank you! Now please help plan my LA trip
- derbydave on Driving in Japan
- Harrier25 on Post your American Express Platinum retention offers here!
- JDB on BA Amex Premium Plus Pro rata refund question
Check reward flight availability instantly for free!
Booking a luxury hotel?
Our luxury hotel booking service offers you GUARANTEED extra benefits over booking direct. Works with Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, The Ritz Carlton, St Regis and more. We've booked £1.7 million of rooms to date. Click for details.