Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Barclaycard Avios Barclaycard closing my account – anyone else?

• YFP 29 posts

On a related note, assuming no information on Google Pay at all? I mean I appreciate that they probably want to do something similar to barclaycard app where they access the NFC chip directly through the app, but current implementation only works with Visa cards! Only other option was Curve to get contactless payments on my phone, but if that’s going to result in the card being closed, then doesn’t lend itself to being a card i’d keep once I have the initial bonus points.

bling that Barclaycard (or anyone else for that matter) would close an account simply because the cardholder is displaying consumer-like behaviour and linking the card with Curve – a perfectly legitimate product that’s

Youllnever 182 posts

On a related note, assuming no information on Google Pay at all? I mean I appreciate that they probably want to do something similar to barclaycard app where they access the NFC chip directly through the app, but current implementation only works with Visa cards! Only other option was Curve to get contactless payments on my phone, but if that’s going to result in the card being closed, then doesn’t lend itself to being a card i’d keep once I have the initial bonus points.

bling that Barclaycard (or anyone else for that matter) would close an account simply because the cardholder is displaying consumer-like behaviour and linking the card with Curve – a perfectly legitimate product that’s

See here.

Youllnever 182 posts

The Barclays Twitter feed is saying that Apple Pay comes tomorrow, which is also the date I was given a month ago. Not sure if the Twitter team has new news or is just rehashing news from last month!

No surprise that this has been delayed yet again.

SteveJ 979 posts

Amateur hour

The Barclays Twitter feed is saying that Apple Pay comes tomorrow, which is also the date I was given a month ago. Not sure if the Twitter team has new news or is just rehashing news from last month!

No surprise that this has been delayed yet again.

MeowMix 12 posts

How is Barclays so bad?

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,199 posts

I’m now told 17th Mat for Apple Pay is the new target date.

da350 14 posts

Those who got letters, was it visible in the ‘statements and documents’ section online/in the moblie app? Or only via physical letter?

Ingking 38 posts

Those who got letters, was it visible in the ‘statements and documents’ section online/in the moblie app? Or only via physical letter?

Can anyone answer this? Worried I might have got a letter but not currently at my registered address

charles 15 posts

Can anyone answer this? Worried I might have got a letter but not currently at my registered address

Yes, mine is available in the documents section called “ADHOC Letter 3rd Party Addressee Second Class…..”. You are probably safe.

EvilGazebo 29 posts

Well pretty much every transaction on my account is via Curve (including a £6k tax bill via Fronted). Bonus Avios target reached and due to transfer over shortly. And I’m still standing so far.

I like the Avios cc and current account products a lot (if not the app) and it would be a shame if they canned me as i was planning to stick with them. But if it happens it happens, just nudges me to go sign up bonus hunting elsewhere:

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.