Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other Destination advice Best e-sim for USA for 5 day trip

• superted1682 2 posts

Could anyone advise a good e-sim that they have used for the US of A. going for 5 days.

I am on o2 which charge £6 per day

Going to New York so will need a bit of data I guess./

Any help greatly received.

D

SteveJ 979 posts

Extensively covered here
    https://www.headforpoints.com/forums/topic/mobile-data-international-roaming-thread/

If you have esim capability Airalo is highly recommended.

yonasl 954 posts

Had some issues with Airalo and ended up with Nomad in Canada. I would just check prices for both, Airalo has worked fine for me in japan, Colombia, Mexico.

dougzz99 623 posts

Can’t you just buy the travel bolt-on with O2?

Not the £6/day one the monthly add on.

ElSemm 13 posts

I’m using Airalo now in SFO. Had some issues at the start getting it to work but I think that was more me messing up the settings. If you’ve not used esim before, my advice is to make sure you know how to set it up and install it before you go, then you can switch it on as soon you arrive.

dahokolomoki 103 posts

Right now using Airalo in Boston. Worked perfectly. Just remember to follow the instructions exactly, especially the APN setting manually.

Points Hound 47 posts

Just back from NY this morning, used Airalo for the first time and I was impressed. I was there four days and the 3GB one worked perfectly, running out after I arrived at JFK last night so perfect timing. I’d be happy to use Airalo again as it was seemless.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.