Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other Destination advice BOM Transit from domestic T2 arr to International T2 dep

• robfly 2 posts

Hi all

We are planning to fly back from a holiday in India with a domestic TRV to BOM Air India flight AI668 which arrives at BOM T2 at 23:05 and to transfer to BA138 BOM-LHR which is also a T2 dep an leaves at 02:10 (+1 day) i.e. 3hrs 5 mins later.

My questions are:
    1) is 3 hrs enough time?
    2) how easy is the interchange between domestic arr and international dep at T2
    3) what are the chances of getting our baggage checked through from TRV-BOM-LHR with the first leg being Air India and the second leg BA?

Cheers all

BBbetter 645 posts

1) Tough but doable if no children or elderly. you have to hope the AI flight isnt delayed and / or the BA flight is delayed.
    2) It is not difficult, as its just a few floors away on the same building, but can depend on baggage delays, number of pax, crowd at the airport etc. There are a few meet and greet services who can quickly guide you the shortest possible way, could be worth spending on if you are new to the airport.
    3) No chance.

BA Flyer IHG Stayer 2,088 posts

Is this on separate tickets?

1 – allowing for the possibility of having to recheck baggage you have closer to 2 hours for this due to BA baggage cut off deadlines

2 – no idea

3 – on separate tickets? Virtually no chance of bags being interlined.

Super Secret Stuff 357 posts

I’d adjust the booking if you can, to allow more time. See here for the Indian Aviation industry’s recent performance on baggage delivery…

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-68334829.amp

BBbetter 645 posts

I’d adjust the booking if you can, to allow more time.

I would do this. AI might not have ridiculous change fees, so one option is to move to an earlier flight.
    Or just book an earlier flight with another airline if it’s not too expensive.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.