Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Booking Avianca flights with Avios

• WorldFlyer 41 posts

I want to book a flight on Avianca with Avios and have a few questions:

1) I understand I need to call Iberia, there is not an option to do it online, is this correct?

2) Do I need the same amount of Avios as I would need LifeMiles (Avianca’s currency)

3) Will it be the same taxes/fees as booking with LifeMiles?

4) How can I find reward availability for partner redemption, do I need to be logged in partner’s site (I did not find it and have never before seen availability on Iberia online for a start)?

5) If I book via Iberia, the flight would not be refundable and cannot be cancelled, as my understanding is Iberia does not allow 3rd party redemptions to be refunded/cancelled.

6) Anything else to consider?

Pogonation 19 posts

1) Correct
    2) Incorrect. The number of avios is set by Iberia (the table is available Here)
    3) No. You will pay the tax and fuel surcharges. Look up the fare on ITA matrix and you will be able to work out the amount.
    4) Look on United.com for availability and do it by individual sector. Fare code is I and Iberia should also be able to book it.
    5) Correct (unfortunately)

WorldFlyer 41 posts

Thank you. United show availability however Iberia staff claim no reward flights.

Unfortunately I cannot book United with Avios I guess?

SamG 1,644 posts

From what I’ve read you have to HUACA a lot to get one of these booked. It seems like you may have to book a return as well

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.