Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes Hilton Honors Booking a Hilton in advance – 10 month limit?

• Mick S 271 posts

when did Hilton change the system where you can only book a maximum of 10 months is advance? it didnt used to be like this.

This is what the chat advisor just told me, when I was struggling to find availability anywhere for next year.

NorthernLass 7,590 posts

Are you sure that’s all hotels? The chat people seem to talk quite a lot of rubbish, like insisting you have to pay resort fees on points booking as someone posted recently. Also is that for points or cash?

Mick S 271 posts

cash and points. Tried a few in the US, and also a few in Australia for after Easter next year.

It defintely didnt used to be the case – Hilton Brisbane (which Ive just cancelled), just checked the email I had from last year – booked 50 weeks in advance. Cannot do that now.

NorthernLass 7,590 posts

I think it depends on the hotel. I just checked a couple of properties and one was bookable up to April 30th next year and the other one 12 months and even further ahead, cash and points.

Tariq 79 posts

I think it depends on the hotel. I just checked a couple of properties and one was bookable up to April 30th next year and the other one 12 months and even further ahead, cash and points.

This is my experience – searching far ahead, some hotels are showing big blocks of ‘sold out’ which just seems implausible – more likely that they haven’t uploaded/opened availability yet.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.