Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Boosting – is this a good deal?

• Billy Rae Cyrus 1 post

Evening,

My first time exploring Avios Boosting via BA and wanted to check my thinking here.

Last month I got the 60,000 bonus for the Amex signup/spend which, along with another 11,000 points, I can boost.

£683 gets me ~72,000
    If I pay using the BA Amex, assuming the merchant is BA, I should also get ~2,000 points for the spend too.

Is this a fairly decent deal?

collarbone666 7 posts

As far as purchasing Avios goes, that’s a pretty good deal Unfortunately, the payment goes through Avios so no triple points on the spend for them.

NorthernLass 8,484 posts

You don’t get triple points as they’re not sold directly by BA. Boosting price is around 0.9p per avios so as long as you get better value than that redeeming, it can be worth it. The spend can obviously help towards triggering a credit card voucher if applicable.

Colin MacKinnon 305 posts

Worth it – absolutely!

We use bookings such as Qatar NZ-EDI – 80,000 avios plus a couple of hundred cash, if I recall correctly. We arrived back in NZ from Polynesia and the forecast was rain for the next week – so we cancelled our Avios flight and rebooked for the next afternoon. So at 1p per avios, less than £2,000 returna nd we managed a last minute change!

We have now booked Finnair HEL-TYO and then Qatar TYO-DOH-EDI. 80,000 avios plus £150 for the return flight only – so £950 one way fexy single in business. A bargain.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.