Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club British Airways have closed their sales line

• achoogirl 33 posts

Things must be bad to stop taking sales calls. However I’m trying to Package up a holiday using a combination of avios redemption to upgrade. I can’t do this online so what to do?

MattB 261 posts

just keep calling until you can get through.

achoogirl 33 posts

just keep calling until you can get through.

g

They’ve closed the lines for Exec Club and also sales for a few weeks!

NorthernLass 7,565 posts

You can book the holiday first then call to upgrade, though obviously that’s not going to help with avios availability! Is it somewhere where’s there’s likely to be plenty of seats in your upgraded cabin?

NorthernLass 7,565 posts

Also, what message are you getting from exec club? Are they sending all the staff to airports to deal with the chaos?!

achoogirl 33 posts

Also, what message are you getting from exec club? Are they sending all the staff to airports to deal with the chaos?!

. Looks that way. I’m just staggered at the lack of joined up thinking across the brand. They are running a promotion and can’t fulfil basic queries on the phone.

I’m off to New York so fingers crossed I’ll be able to upgrade

NorthernLass 7,565 posts

That’s the most likely destination to find CW award seats on 🤞. Wonder if Rob’s going to do an article on the phone situation? This is really bad news for anyone who’s still got a FTV and wants to redeem it soon!

ChrisC 956 posts

I think you may have understood the phone message / difficulty on getting through / being cut off.

If BA had really closed the lines full stop then merry hell would have errupted on flyer talk but there is nothing there on this issue.

achoogirl 33 posts

I think you may have understood the phone message / difficulty on getting through / being cut off.

If BA had really closed the lines full stop then merry hell would have errupted on flyer talk but there is nothing there on this issue.

I haven’t misunderstood. BA are prioritising customer service calls so Exec Club and BA holidays sales closed for a few weeks. This was also confirmed when I got through on the phone. This was from yesterday

Tracey 211 posts

Gold line was open yesterday.

SteveJ 978 posts

@achoogirl did they refuse to serve you once you got through?

I’ve just listened to their new recording and it’s a new spin on what they’ve been saying for a while, trying to push people away from the phone lines. Unless they’re refusing to serve you then just ignore what the recorded message says.

MarkM 22 posts

We are due to fly to Venice tomorrow but I’ve tested positive so need to change the booking.
    Whatever option I choose I get cut off, it is infuriating.

AJA 1,070 posts

We are due to fly to Venice tomorrow but I’ve tested positive so need to change the booking.
    Whatever option I choose I get cut off, it is infuriating.

Try calling the Israel number via Skype 1809344536

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.