Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other Housekeeping Bugs

• iheartarbitrage 32 posts

Replied in the quotes topic to see if you could link to a reply instead of quoting, and the reply has vanished.

iheartarbitrage 32 posts

Reply To: Hotels.com / Tesco Bank promo

You can’t see what you’re linking to.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    Rhys
    HfP Staff
    187 posts

How are you doing it?

iheartarbitrage 32 posts

insert link from the reply, then “Or link to existing content”

Looks like you should be able to search, but just get a list.

Rhys
    HfP Staff
    187 posts

To be honest I think the ‘link to existing content’ search is probably more hassle than it’s worth, so may try and remove that functionality. It’s from main WordPress.

Chas 143 posts

@Rhys – I’ve just tried quoting a post in the Curve 10k limit topic, and my comment has not posted. Tried twice (first one sent me to a captcha validation page which I eventually passed, the second one didn’t), same issue both times.

Chas 143 posts

@Rhys – I’ve just tried quoting a post in the Curve 10k limit topic, and my comment has not posted. Tried twice (first one sent me to a captcha validation page which I eventually passed, the second one didn’t), same issue both times.

It was quoting a comment which was already quoting another comment if it’s relevant. Will try to quote this in a moment to see if that works….

Chas 143 posts

It was quoting a comment which was already quoting another comment if it’s relevant. Will try to quote this in a moment to see if that works….

Testing is this was the issue….

Chas 143 posts

I just tried to reply to my comment 293782 to say “obviously not” and got captcha-ed 4 times, after which my comment didn’t post. I tried again, and no captcha but comment didn’t post at all (again), so now having to list it as a new reply. Captcha seems to be the issue behind my replies not posting

iheartarbitrage 32 posts

To be honest I think the ‘link to existing content’ search is probably more hassle than it’s worth, so may try and remove that functionality. It’s from main WordPress.

So what does it look like when I link to a specific post with link text
    last post link

and link to a specific post without link text

iheartarbitrage 32 posts

?? Replied and could see it the message. Edited the message and now it’s gone.

Chas 143 posts

I’ve just tried to reply to this to say “obviously not” and got captcha-ed 4 times, and the my comment failed to post, so maybe that is the issue….?

Chas 143 posts

Obviously not…

Rhys
    HfP Staff
    187 posts

Sorry, looks like the spam filter is being a bit over-zealous. It’s not that it isn’t posting, it’s that it’s being pushed into the moderation queue.

Chas 143 posts

Sorry, looks like the spam filter is being a bit over-zealous. It’s not that it isn’t posting, it’s that it’s being pushed into the moderation queue.

Ah – makes sense. Apologies for now littering two topics with multiple replies trying to say the same thing…

On today’s chat thread I posted a comment this morning and got a message above it saying that it was in moderation (never seen that before, but may never have been moderated before). Can a similar message be used here to prevent multiple attempts at posting the same thing?

cinereus 161 posts

Very odd choice to use bbPress instead of the more secure and well-tested web standards for forum software.

I’m experiencing a bug where posts aren’t showing at all after submitting them.

Youllnever 182 posts

That’s likely because posts are being moderated and approved before it appears.

cinereus 161 posts

Seems any post using the word c a s h doesn’t appear even after several hours which is problematic for the thread discussing c a s h b a c k cards.

cinereus 161 posts

It’s been about 18 hours and neither of my posts on the cashback cards thread have appeared.

Rhys
    HfP Staff
    187 posts

Have sent you a password reset link – let’s see if that makes a difference.

cinereus 161 posts

Not following why password is an issue? I can post fine as long as I don’t use that word.

cinereus 161 posts

The post from yesterday has now appeared – presume you got to it in the moderation queue.

iheartarbitrage 32 posts

Some really basic stuff missing.

Edit message
    Wikitype message

dst87 263 posts

Some really basic stuff missing.

Edit message

You can edit your messages – there should be an edit button in the top right of the message card.

Here’s a screenshot showing the location of said buttons.

iheartarbitrage 32 posts

You’ve got a short window to edit and then the button disapears.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.