Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other Housekeeping Bugs

• cinereus 161 posts

You’ve got a short window to edit and then the button disapears.

True. That’s a somewhat bemusing decision.

There’s also a bug where if you have texted selected in the reply text-box and then click any of the “QUOTE” buttons, it messes up the reply you’re already written. I don’t know whether this is specific to these forums or just an ongoing issue with BBPress.

modestpointscollector 64 posts

Tried to reply to some posts in the Halo testing thread and had to go through a CAPTCHA, which said i then had posted, but I couldn’t see my post, so tried again, and got an error that it was a duplicate. Maybe it’s in a moderation queue somewhere? Was able to post a new topic and reply to another message fine after that/

cinereus 161 posts

Yeah the moderation filter is very sensitive at the moment and it seems to take a long time to be dealt with if at all.

tiriavpo 312 posts

Is there a way of showing that a post has gone to moderation?

I’ve just hit submit, over on the BA forum, and it all just disappeared – so I don’t know if it is a problem at my end and re-submit, or in moderation.

Rhys
    HfP Staff
    190 posts

Is there a way of showing that a post has gone to moderation?

I’ve just hit submit, over on the BA forum, and it all just disappeared – so I don’t know if it is a problem at my end and re-submit, or in moderation.

Yes, we’re aware. It’s very odd – if a topic goes into moderation there is a message, but not if a reply does.

We are hoping to fix this soon.

tiriavpo 312 posts

Thanks – not sure what I wrote that caused it – maybe booking dot com? But I have put several links in posts before without an issue.

Rhys
    HfP Staff
    190 posts

If you put more than 2 links it automatically gets flagged.

Sam 96 posts

Sometimes (both desktop and mobile) on posts with more than one page, the highest number doesnt actually go anywhere useful when navigating from the summary page

eg if I’m here on the recent topics tab:
    https://www.headforpoints.com/forums/
    I can see that this topic bugs has three pages
    but when I click on 3, I get sent to
    https://www.headforpoints.com/forums/topic/bugs/page/3/
    there is no proper content, just the Reply To box

I’ve seen it elsewhere too

SteveJ 978 posts

Sometimes (both desktop and mobile) on posts with more than one page, the highest number doesnt actually go anywhere useful when navigating from the summary page

eg if I’m here on the recent topics tab:
    https://www.headforpoints.com/forums/
    I can see that this topic bugs has three pages
    but when I click on 3, I get sent to

Bugs

<iframe class=”wp-embedded-content” sandbox=”allow-scripts” security=”restricted” style=”position: absolute; clip: rect(1px, 1px, 1px, 1px);” title=”“Bugs” — Head for Points” src=”https://www.headforpoints.com/forums/topic/bugs/embed/#?secret=vzGNs9PCSs&#8221; data-secret=”vzGNs9PCSs” width=”500″ height=”282″ frameborder=”0″ marginwidth=”0″ marginheight=”0″ scrolling=”no”></iframe>
    there is no proper content, just the Reply To box

I’ve seen it elsewhere too

Agreed, seems to be when page 2 is full it quotes a third page, which when you click is empty and just has the reply box. I guess a full page 2 can’t handle a reply box on it?

YFP 29 posts

DOn’t know if this is a bug or not, but i’ve posted the same message 3 times, but doesn’t show up. When i try to post it again, it flags up an error saying you’ve already posted it, but nothing is on the forum page. I change a few words and try submit, but nothing happens! Because of other people’s issues i made sure i saved the message, but not great as i was trying to help someone out with reccs.

Tracey 211 posts

From the home page, when you click on the article that is meant to take you straight to todays chat, it now sends you to the forum, but not today’s chat. Clicking the chat page takes you to a list of all the days’ chats. So it’s 4 clicks to get where you want to be.

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,198 posts

From the home page, when you click on the article that is meant to take you straight to todays chat, it now sends you to the forum, but not today’s chat. Clicking the chat page takes you to a list of all the days’ chats. So it’s 4 clicks to get where you want to be.

Not a bug, a feature.

The number of people clicking the link was far, far higher than the number interracting with the chat thread. It was clear most were using it a link into the forums themselves so we changed where it went.

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,198 posts

DOn’t know if this is a bug or not, but i’ve posted the same message 3 times, but doesn’t show up. When i try to post it again, it flags up an error saying you’ve already posted it, but nothing is on the forum page. I change a few words and try submit, but nothing happens! Because of other people’s issues i made sure i saved the message, but not great as i was trying to help someone out with reccs.

Moderation follows the same rules as the main site, and one rule is that any comment with 2 links in it goes to moderation.

This is to block spam, since almost all spam is stuffed with links to dodgy sites.

Your Lagos post is now released.

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,198 posts

Agreed, seems to be when page 2 is full it quotes a third page, which when you click is empty and just has the reply box. I guess a full page 2 can’t handle a reply box on it?

I’ve had issues with this too.

Bit odd because the software is so well established and so widely used that things like this should have been squashed years ago.

For general info, we have another set of layout tweaks with our IT guy which will tighten up the design a bit. Recent Threads will also expand to 25 per page. Once live, there will be a round of back end tweaks which should include stuff like ‘Report bad post’.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    YFP 29 posts

p

Alright thanks, that makes sense, will avoid links generally next time.

Tracey 211 posts

Not a bug, a feature.

The number of people clicking the link was far, far higher than the number interracting with the chat thread. It was clear most were using it a link into the forums themselves so we changed where it went.

Can you update the article to match the link? As in click here to be taken to the forum, rather than click here to be taken to today’s chat thread?

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,198 posts

Will take another look. The text under the headline was changed.

Mzungu 5 posts

I don’t know if this is a bug, maybe I’m missing something. At the forum level, I see icons for each group of topics: HfP, BAEC, Virgin etc. When I open a topic, e.g. this one – Bugs – there are no avatars for any of the posters, even the HfP staff. There is a ‘missing image’ icon in their place. I won’t try to post a screenshot, I think that’s too advanced for me just yet!
    Any thoughts?

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,198 posts

I’m guessing it was a temporary error – possibly due to your browser or our server cacheing the images rather than pulling them fresh. It works fine for the rest of us.

Mzungu 5 posts

I’m guessing it was a temporary error – possibly due to your browser or our server cacheing the images rather than pulling them fresh. It works fine for the rest of us.

Weird, it’s not temporary, I’ve dipped in a few times over the last few days. However, I’ve done a bit of digging, and I can open the avatars separately by right clicking on them and opening in another tab. So I tried using Edge instead of Chrome, the avatars are OK there! Also tried Chrome on my laptop at home, and that’s OK. So it’s only Chrome on my desktop in the office that has a problem!

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,198 posts

Odd. Try CTRL+F5 for a full cache clearout.

Carlos 758 posts

CAPTCHA prompts when replying…issue happening more and more (randomly)

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,198 posts

CAPTCHA prompts when replying…issue happening more and more (randomly)

Once we upgrade the Captcha software next week, we will have the abilty to block Captcha by URL. (It should already be blocked for logged in users but is failing.)

We can hopefully block hfp/forums and just keep it on hfp/forum-register which is the only page where we have spam risk.

Mzungu 5 posts

Odd. Try CTRL+F5 for a full cache clearout.

Yep, I’d already tried that to no avail. Just opened the forum in an icognito window, and the avatars are OK.
    I give up!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.