Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express Business owner wanting Platinum sign up bonus

• memesweeper 1,242 posts

My understanding is

– SUB for Platinum business does not get blocked if you’ve held a personal MR card
    – SUB for Platinum personal does not get blocked if you’ve held a business MR card

correct? or I am misreading the fine print?

lambshank13 53 posts

From the Amex website

Business Platinum: “Note though that you won’t be eligible for a Welcome Bonus award if you currently hold a Membership Rewards enrolled American Express Card, or have held one in the past 13 months.” Seems to include both personal and business.

Personal Platinum: “I understand I will not be eligible for any Welcome Bonus award if I hold or have held any personal Membership Rewards-enrolled American Express Cards in the past 24 months.”

avythos 43 posts

so the best way is business then personal? so business gold and then Personal Platinum would be quite effective for points?

lambshank13 53 posts

so the best way is business then personal? so business gold and then Personal Platinum would be quite effective for points?

Yes, this is what I’m doing.

memesweeper 1,242 posts

Thanks all.

MNeverOff 5 posts

I would like to revive this topic as Amex website provides contradictory information.

It does state what OP said:
    “ Note though that you won’t be eligible for a Welcome Bonus award if you currently hold a Membership Rewards enrolled American Express Card, or have held one in the past 13 months.”

However, further in the Qualifying Information they go on to say that:
    “Business Gold or Business Platinum Cardmembers who are enrolled or have been enrolled in the Membership Rewards programme in the last 13 months, are not eligible for the bonus”

I went further and called them regarding this and was advised (verbally) that it indeed only would restrict your bonus if you had a Business card in the past 13 months, but nothing about a personal card. Thoughts?

First description
    Qualifying notes

SteveJ 977 posts

I’d stick to Rob’s advice that it’s 13 months fallow period needed from both personal AND business platinums to get the Sub on Platinum Business.

https://www.headforpoints.com/2022/02/01/review-american-express-business-platinum-card/

avythos 43 posts

Yes, this is what I’m doing.

For me thisis the best option, and there is cash back for opening the gold card of £85 currently on Qdc cashback.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.