Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes Marriott Bonvoy Buying Bonvoy points

• Omba 4 posts

I think I can see 4 versions of this last year, as well as the Week of Wonders promo…..any thought as to if/when the first of these may drop this year?

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,207 posts

We’ve not been sent anything, but unless you need to redeem immediately I think you’d be crazy to pay full price. In fact, better to transfer Amex Membership Rewards points – which now go instantly I think – rather than buy at full price.

Guernsey Globetrotter 588 posts

Closing player 2’s Amex last week the points transfer to Marriott at 2:3 ratio was indeed instant.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    Omba 4 posts

No chance of buying at full price, but a +50% deal for a top up would get me around 0.8 value for the redemption I have in mind. Which I think is acceptable.

whuaremassive 42 posts

Received an email – 50% bonus on buying points, now through to 23/3/22

Blair Waldorf Salad 1,100 posts

Some people are speculating the dynamic pricing won’t kick in till after 23 March when this promo ends. I’d ideally use my remaining Bonvoy on a March 2023 redemption but doubt I can wait that long. Currently have them assigned to a less desirable (timing-wise) earlier booking

whuaremassive 42 posts

I have a points booking for Domes Of Elounda for May half term which i’m 50k short for at the moment, so I will have to buy some points I think

Blair Waldorf Salad 1,100 posts

The points purchase during reward booking option appears to also include the 50% bonus cureently on offer for outright points purchases. Also if that reward booking is cancelled, the points aren’t refunded but rather drop into your Bonvoy account. Up to 100,000 a year, on top of the 100,000 you can outright purchase. I need to do the maths on this at the weekend but grateful for insights from anyone who already has.

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,207 posts

Yes, from what I read elsewhere you can double up. Makes it easier to get enough to benefit from the ‘5 nights for the points of 4’ deal.

meta 1,438 posts

Data point:

I did a points purchase during booking on Monday on my Bonvoy card (only a small amount) and it has posted as 6 points per £1 (Marriott hotel bonus). The transaction is also not from points.com

Guernsey Globetrotter 588 posts

Data point:

I did a points purchase during booking on Monday on my Bonvoy card (only a small amount) and it has posted as 6 points per £1 (Marriott hotel bonus). The transaction is also not from points.com

Nice – good to know – thanks @meta !

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.