Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Barclaycard Avios Can anyone advise how to view Avios earned on the Barclaycard app?

• MB1 28 posts

I think the title covers my question, but to be clear I have a new Barclaycard and have been spending on it. I don’t have any Barclays bank accounts, so when I went to register for the Barclaycard app I had to order a card reader. This has arrived and I am in the app, and have paid my first statement balance (which was just the £20 monthly charge). My other expenditure will be on next months statement. I cannot see anywhere that shows Avios accrued – will this simply be on next months’ statement, or I am missing something? Thank you!

Aston100 1,383 posts

I don’t have any other Barclays accounts, cards or services.
    I did not need a card reader / pinsentry.

The android app is a bit poor.
    There is an area for avios within the app, but currently it isn’t showing any earnt Avios. Presumably will populate at the end of this monthly period.
    However, on that same screen is a spend tracker for both the welcome bonus and the upgrade voucher, both of which show the amount spent thus far (not pending).

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    MB1 28 posts

Thanks. I have an iPhone but don’t see an Avios section in the app. I also don’t have a spend tracker. I have now added the Barclays app as well as the Barclaycard app but the (lack of) information / presentation is identical.

Aston100 1,383 posts

Thanks. I have an iPhone but don’t see an Avios section in the app. I also don’t have a spend tracker. I have now added the Barclays app as well as the Barclaycard app but the (lack of) information / presentation is identical.

IIRC I had to link my BAEC through the barclaycard app.

It is such a poor app.
    I’m sure there were error messages and things/sections appearing over a period of 2 or 3 days.
    Just this morning I’ve found a chat button which wasn’t there the past 5 or 6 days.

Perhaps the avios section will appear by itself soon?

NunoBettencourtsPinky 107 posts

I’m using the Barclays Android app for my Premier Current account:

At the bottom, tap “Products”, then tap “Collect Avios” (with the BA logo above it)
    Then tap “View Your Avios”. I get shown my total BA Avios balance (presumably scraped from my BA account); and from there tap “See your activity” to see activity related to your Barclays account.

Or:
    From the homepage, there’s a “Quick Links” section.
    Tap “Your Rewards” and scroll down to “Barclays Avios Rewards/View your Avios”

Question – can you manage your Premier account and Avios Barclaycard in the same main Barclays app?

MB1 28 posts

Thanks again – I don’t have a ‘Products’ option or a ‘Chat’ function but will give it a week or two to see if these appear at a later date. This whole Barclaycard process seems very clunky and unhelpful – quite off-putting actually, especially when paying £20 a month. I may have to bin this shortly I fear. I guess it helps us to appreciate the Amex app and functionality!

Thanks again – I don’t have a ‘Products’ option or a ‘Chat’ function but will give it a week or two to see if these appear at a later date. This whole Barclaycard process seems very clunky and unhelpful – quite off-putting actually, especially when paying £20 a month. I may have to bin this shortly I fear. I guess it helps us to appreciate the Amex app and functionality!

Just to clarify, I’m using the Barclays app, not the Barclaycard app – which may of course be different!

MB1 28 posts

I’ve loaded both and they are identical.

Aston100 1,383 posts

I may have to bin this shortly I fear. I guess it helps us to appreciate the Amex app and functionality!

This; exactly this.

rich 8 posts

Using the Barclaycard App on an iPhone the link is a third of the way down the transactions page and so is only two clicks from the front page.

MB1 28 posts

Thanks – unfortunately it is not there for me. Called yesterday and got through after a 25 minute wait. They admitted that they are inundated with calls due to functionality issues and told me to wait a couple of weeks to see if it appears! I have previously banked with Barclays and considered them to have a good website (it was probably pre-app) but this is horrific. Would be irritating if it was a free card, but to be paying £20 a month to be f****d around is unacceptable.

AdamM 9 posts

I have an iPhone and the avios area and tracking works. I don’t have another account with them, so i used the Barclay card app. iPhone and iPad.
    Tbh their whole customer service and lack of knowledge is shocking. It’s like someone decided last week to add a new card to their range and no one else has done any work to get everything set up. I agree a free card would be a upsetting but the paid card is wow how do they have the nerve to actually do this….

I still can’t use mine on curve and it doesn’t work online with retailers like Tesco / Argos and Sainsburys. (Worked on Airbnb though…lol)

MB1 28 posts

Also no Chat function on my app and website says that Chat is unavailable due to the number of customers using it. It is incredibly poor.

papapamate 8 posts

Hi all,
    So glad I found this thread.
    Did anyone manage to resolve this? I’ve got the following issues (been with Barclaycard Avios since end of January):

– Receiving emails with the wrong last 4 digits
    – No chat online or on my apps
    – No way to check the avios balance on the app or website
    – Can’t authenticate payments via the app (no bell button)

Thanks in advance 🙂

pacman 1 post

And to add to the list
    – iPhone App FAQ section doesn’t work—gives response of “Search isn’t working. We’re fixing it – please try again soon”
    – I am unable to link to Barclaycard through Open Banking (am using the Emma app), so have no means of importing transactions without resorting to loading manual transactions by copying and pasting from pdf statement. I have logged with Emma, who are raising with BCard

dshunter 47 posts

The app is incredibly frustrating.
    It used to work fine, and I could see how many avios I was earning per eligible transaction.
    However, since signing up for premier banking it has gone horribly wrong. I can see the amount I am getting for having Avios Rewards enabled on my current account. However, the amount I am getting from the credit card has disappeared. I’ve tried both barclays and the identical barclaycard app – no joy.

I’m now getting far fewer avios deposited in my BAEC account than I am expected.

No idea whether this is
    a) because a particular type of transaction I do commonly has become ineligble for whatever reason. However, if it is this, it isn’t obvious which one.
    b) Barclays have messed up (very possible given that they are failing to give me the 100k bonus or the £5 discount)

Given that last time I called up I wasted an hour on hold only been told to go to a branch to resolve my issue (which they couldn’t, btw), has anyone worked out how to get a full list of avios earnings?

dshunter 47 posts

Still not fixed after reporting this to their tech team.
    Despite putting together an Excel sheet, I still can’t figure out why the number of points I am getting is so low. Has anyone got an itemised list from the customer services somehow?

phantomchickenz 315 posts

I can still see mine through the app. I click on the Barclaycard balance, ‘View your Avios’, then just under the total Avios balance is ‘see your activity’. It’s all there (for me at least…).

Not sure how helpful that is…

dshunter 47 posts

I can still see mine through the app. I click on the Barclaycard balance, ‘View your Avios’, then just under the total Avios balance is ‘see your activity’. It’s all there (for me at least…).

Not sure how helpful that is…

This worked until I opened the current account. Sadly not any more!

papapamate 8 posts

OK… After a few months of tinkering we finally managed to get it all working on my devices (android and ios). In my case the issue was that I had too many middle names and the internal records in Barclays system did not match with the initials on my card… Had to go to a Barclays branch and get my passport stamped and then send this by post to Barclays to get the name on my card changed…
    Now it all works – chat, avios statement, etc etc etc…

MASSIVE THANKS TO THE BARCLAYCARD TWITTER TEAM! COULDN’T HAVE MANAGED WITHOUT YOU

dshunter 47 posts

Similarly, I got this solved today.
    Did not get anyway with online chat or calling them up. No-one had a clue.
    Went into the branch and spoke to a very helpful and knowledgable lady who found that my 2 accounts (although linked) had very slightly different details and were linked to an extremely old business account that I shut down many years ago. Anyway, she recreated the link from scratch, and now I have full functionality back.

Interestingly, the reason for my low avoid deposit this month was a month long period where none of my transactions were posting any avios whatsoever. Not sure what caused this. Anyway, relinking my account fixed it.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.