Cancelling or changing 241 inbound date
6th December 2023 at 03:17LD27 125 posts
I’m sure the information I need is somewhere by I can’t find it. Can someone please advise on the following?
Have flown outbound leg of 241.
1) If cancel inbound flight do Avios and taxes get refunded or do you lose both?
2) If there is Avios availability on a different date can you change date of inbound flight?
Many thanks6th December 2023 at 03:54BA Flyer IHG Stayer 1,866 posts
1 – no refunds of avios. Am less sure about the cash element though.
2 – yes if there is availability on your nee dates. Plus payment of any changes in the fees and taxes and possibly the change fee as well.6th December 2023 at 07:01zapato1060 539 posts
A question, slightly related to this.
If you change your CW inbound and theres now only PE available and you pay change fee? Will you get difference in Avios back?6th December 2023 at 07:36BJ 648 posts
Originally this was not possible IIRC because the caveat to 2. in @LD27 and @BA Flyer reply was that it had to be in the same zone and the same class because the amount of avios concerned had to remain the same. However, I’m not sure what the policy on this is now that RFS has gone global because this means that customers are increasingly booking different avios/cash combinations. It probably hasn’t changed but I think worth calling to ask. If you do, go through to tge option for changes to flights using a voucher so that you get one of the more experienced CSA.8th December 2023 at 06:21LD27 125 posts
Thank you all for your comments. Read other thread too.
We had just arrived in Indonesia. Having been away for most of last 2 years, with elderly parents, children and business interests, it was inevitable there might be a reason to return to UK speedily. Unable to get an Avios ticket and as 241 voucher in my name, OH bought a fairly cheap single ticket with MH and Ethiad from Jakarta and I will travel back on original ticket from Singapore. Sadly he didn’t like my suggestion of flying via CMB and AUH with Sri Lankan!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
New to Head for Points?
Welcome! We’re the UK’s most-read source of business travel, Avios, frequent flyer and hotel loyalty news. Let us improve how you travel. Got any questions? Ask them in our forums.
Latest Forum Posts
- slidey on Thank you! Now please help plan my LA trip
- revkev7 on InterContinental Edinburgh – lounge and rooms
- yorkshireRich on Thank you! Now please help plan my LA trip
- derbydave on Driving in Japan
- Harrier25 on Post your American Express Platinum retention offers here!
- JDB on BA Amex Premium Plus Pro rata refund question
- Alan TJ on Post your American Express Platinum retention offers here!
- JohnBart on Virgin flight Point Booster – good idea?
- Super Secret Stuff on BA Prepaid Mastercard card closure
- Hotwings on Qatar The NinetyThird lounge, don’t waste your points [free meal not provided]
Check reward flight availability instantly for free!
Booking a luxury hotel?
Our luxury hotel booking service offers you GUARANTEED extra benefits over booking direct. Works with Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, The Ritz Carlton, St Regis and more. We've booked £1.7 million of rooms to date. Click for details.